Sponsored

American Muscle Disappointment

treborwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special Oxford White
So, after a few years I finally got back into another mustang (16 California Special) and started racking up build ideas. Was looking around AM for a catback exhaust and found a great deal on a MBRP Race system. It was listed as Open Box for $409 with having only a small scratch. I waited a few days and finally on Thursday Dec 17th called AM Customer Service. Spoke with someone about the Open Box item and he was able to pull pictures on his end and told me that it really was only a small scratch and would come with Box and all original parts. I asked if it qualified for the free 2-day shipping like the website said and he told be yes it does. I pulled out my CC and paid over the phone. Customer service told me due to the weekend I should expect my delivery on Monday the 21st. No problem.
Saturday, I looked at my account on AM and noticed a pending status on the order. Confused I called to make sure everything was ok with my order. The Guy I spoke with told me that my order was being processed for shipment that day and I would receive an email later in the evening with my tracking info. Well that never happened. Today Dec 21st I called again and spoke with someone about my order. The guy I spoke with sounded confused and told me he needed to speak with his manager. After speaking with his manager, he told me that for some reason my order would need to be canceled. I asked why and he said something is wrong with the order, maybe its damaged more the what was advertised or parts are missing. Basically, he had no idea and was just guessing. He told me nothing could be done but to give me a refund. I asked if he could work with me on a new in box system but that was a waste of time. Was told that Open Box items are different. Keep in mind that nowhere on AM’s website does it let buyers know that open box items can be canceled for any reason, only that all open box items are non-refundable. What I don't understand is why after 2 phone calls being told that my item would ship (Remember this was a 2 DAY shipping item) I was only informed today only because I called. You would think that if an order can't be fulfilled to meet a 2-day shipment a company a big as AM would have a way of updating the customer. Not really the type to shame a company but being a loyal customer for 10 years and getting this level of poor service is not right. Has anyone else experienced this poor level of service from AM?
Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Not many people have used AM since about 5-6 years ago... Good luck on that. Probably not going to get a lot of sympathy on here. lol.

Lethal Performance or Team Beefcake are your best bets for deals/parts.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So you placed an order, turns out they cannot fulfill it, and they gave you a full refund. All within a few days.

Sounds pretty good to me in the grand scheme of things....

Move on and order from another company as others here mentioned above.

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I've ordered from american muscle and LMR. What I've experienced is LMR gets my stuff to me a lot faster than AM does, and I'm basically next door to AM (they're in PA, I'm in Ohio) and LMR is all the way down in TX. Go figure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
treborwd22

treborwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you placed an order, turns out they cannot fulfill it, and they have you a full refund. All within a few days.

Sounds pretty good to me in the grand scheme of things....

Move on an order from another company as others here mentioned above.
I placed an order that they said was available. They waited until today (Only because I called) to tell me that I was being issued a refund because they have no Idea what happened with the item I ordered. This after being told by 2 different people that my shipment would arrive today. Let me post something for sale. You agree to buy it. I promise 2day shipping. Take your money and keep my mouth shut. 5 days later you call and I say " I don't know what happened" Are you going to buy from me again? I would hope not.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Maybe they cant find it cause they shipped it out to you but didnt realize it. LOL

OP
OP
treborwd22

treborwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've ordered from american muscle and LMR. What I've experienced is LMR gets my stuff to me a lot faster than AM does, and I'm basically next door to AM (they're in PA, I'm in Ohio) and LMR is all the way down in TX. Go figure.
LMR is less then a 2hr drive from my house. Might make a day trip and give them my money.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Their insane with their prices on open box items. I’ve seen some unrepairable stuff listed at almost new prices. I’ve had better luck buying “used” items from Amazon much easier to return if needed that way and they’re advertising on items condition is usually pretty spot on.

As for exhaust I bought mine off Facebook marketplace. It was only used a couple hundred miles and was 500 bucks. Brand new price would’ve been closer to 1500. Plus seeing it in person you can verify everything before you buy.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've read loads of horror stories on AM on here. Doesnt seem worth it. LMR is pretty fast, last time I ordered from them it was shipped in a matter of hours.

Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
You got your money back.
In full. In less than a week.

Yes I understand you’re upset because it’s the exhaust you wanted .
But Other than not buying from them again, what more do you want ?

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe they sold it to someone else that was a loyal customer for 11 years?!?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Anymore I only buy from AM if they are the only ones who have it and I can't get it anywhere else. I had to buy my fuel door from them as it was an AM exclusive.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have had some great deals with them, no issues myself.
Sponsored