American Muscle Disappointment

LkySpade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
They have a third party customer service call center. I had a problem with a shifter knob. Color was way off. Had to talk to several people to get a full refund. Bastards wanted to charge me a restocking fee.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
LMR is less then a 2hr drive from my house. Might make a day trip and give them my money.
I do the same with summit racing, they are about a 45 minute drive. And summit motorsports park is about 45 mins also in the other direction.

DolomiteGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertable
A buddy of mine purchased some items off of AM for his S197 while they had a $50 off promo going on a couple of weeks ago. They didn't give him the discount after processing the order and charged him the full amount.

Then a few days later he gets an email telling him his ordered was cancelled because his payment was declined. This was a day AFTER they pulled the money from his checking account!

After calling them they told him they couldn't issue a refund cause nothing was shipped. He had to send them screen shots from his checking account showing them that they already collected the funds!

Afterwards they came back and said they couldn't issue him a refund back to his account because the order had shipped. He was like WTF!? So he asked if he could get $50 refunded cause the promo wasn't applied. They said they would give him a $50 credit on his NEXT purchase.

Uh yeah. I've never bought anything from AM, and I don't think I ever will. I'll stick to Lethal Performance, CJ Pony and Steeda. Looking forward to LMR once the SP2's ever go back on sale. LOL

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That's exactly why, always pay with a credit card, if true.

They will get the money back.

6Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6 Black
I bought an open box Borla S-Type catback yesterday at a great price on American Muscle. The listing had incorrect images but It was described as "Like new" and "Item is in perfect condition".

Let's see what happens. I paid using PayPal šŸ˜Ž.

Sponsored

6Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mo
Vehicle(s)
They "lost" the order. I should've known it was too good to be true.

6Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mo
Vehicle(s)
I donā€™t think UPS received the item as Itā€™s been stuck at ā€œLabel createdā€ for a week now.

They opened an investigation with UPS.

UPS tracking - ā€œWeā€™ve begun an investigation to locate the package.ā€

Such bad luck

Last edited:

6Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mo
Vehicle(s)
After getting the run around numerous times from American Muscle and UPS, a resolution support rep was able to instantly give me a refund via PayPal after I told her the investigation had been closed (package found) and then opened again as lost (searching for package). I didn't get her name but she was the only one that offered an instant refund (within seconds) instead of telling me to wait until the investigation was over.

My conclusion is that the package was never shipped because the label has been stuck at "Label created" since it "shipped" on June 11.

Looking at American Muscle/American Trucks/Turn5 reviews, it seems that orders either go missing or are delivered with missing hardware/pieces too often.

Still, $792 + $62 shipping for an open box Borla S-type catback (like new - perfect condition) sounded too good to be true and that's what it turned out to be.

I ended up buying a SLP LM2 axle back on eBay instead...

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Okay...I have a bone to pick with American Muscle as well, and contacting them has been a dead end.

I purchased a MP Concepts GT500 style hood a year and a half ago and the extraction louvers were scratched in 3 places. Silly me I didn't file a complaint then, as I just went through a mess with a damaged Vicrez hood. So attempting to paint the extraction louvers, I learned my paint was bad on a 2nd coat. A body shop friend later attempted unsuccessfully to fix the issue when he painted the hood.

I offered 4 different times to purchase replacement louvers from American Muscle....one time even mailing a request to the CEO Steve Voudouris after American Muscle phone support people were of no help.

I made it clear each time that though the louvers came damaged, I was willing to pay a reasonable fee for a replacement because I didnā€™t return them, taking a risk by repairing/painting over the damage. (Maybe I shouldnā€™t have been so honestā€¦honesty may not be a virtue A.M. is interested in.) Anyway, the representatives each time gave basically ā€œI canā€™t help.ā€ canned responses. Maybe at their lowly level they could not.

As some of you know, American Muscle has numerous open box parts. Sometimes they are in great shape, and sometimes damaged. They have 5 damaged GT500 style on their site right now.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mp-concepts-mustang-aluminum-gt500-style-hood-unpainted-409621.html

As you can see, they are all structurally damaged. A reputable body shop WILL NOT touch a structurally damaged hoodā€¦for good reason beyond labor and priceā€¦the hood is part of the Mustangā€™s structural crush zone package. (look at the unique crush zone stamp and notch features around the hood front the next time youā€™re looking under your hood).

Today I pointed out to two of American Muscle reps that each of the 5 damaged hoods on their site today had louvers at one time and I would like to purchase one of those five louvers. Their response was simply that they did not have louvers. One girl, when pressed with the discrepancy in American Muscles seemingly conflicting position, stated that the hoods were returned without the louvers. Yea, rightā€¦.all five? Something that large as the extractor louvers that I cannot use is going back with the hood, as it is totally useless without the hood.

Anyway, it is not like I was trying to get free extractors.

I see that American Muscle is wonderful at sales and marketing. Did you ever notice how many emails you get from them once you create an account. They follow your every click every visit to their website. I unsubscribed to their emails as the volume and interest were beyond my needs. Thinking they had a glitch in their unsubscribe button days earlier, I unsubscribed again. The spam keeps coming, so maybe American Muscle is a focused on being a one-way communication type businessā€¦.all sales and marketing (keep those dollars coming), but forget the service side once you get the cash register ka-ching. I'm not sure at this point.

Maybe someone on this forum site has a relationship with CEO Steve Voudouris and help his organization improve customer focus skills, if that is what Steve really wants. He sure didnā€™t respond to me.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
After over a year and finding a problem, put yourself in their shoes. How will you prove the defect is not the seller's or the buyer's fault?

That is a long poor me story, but you need to do your own bidding?

Just life

Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
After over a year and finding a problem, put yourself in their shoes. How will you prove the defect is not the seller's or the buyer's fault?

That is a long poor me story, but you need to do your own bidding?

Just life
It would be a poor me story if trying to get something for nothing or even a reduced price. The narrative never has been either. Having working on the business and operations side of automotive manufacturing 30 years, I learned what a few concepts that work in sales and service, and what may not. Balance between the two is important for a successful business. One can get great short term results focusing too greatly on one aspect. To your very, very good point, proof is frequently lacking and/or truth misrepresented when people want something for nothing or at a reduced price.

JB60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
Never a problem till today ordered set of 20 Ford Performance black lugs only received 19 . Was told by CS two weeks ago one lug would be sent . Called again today was told a request would be sent and should expect it in two weeks . I said go ahead and make the request but you just lost a customer
Sponsored

Last edited: