Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
After four days of masking and polishing...er "paint correcting" <smile> I FINALLY got all the painted surfaces done late yesterday. Still have to fill in a couple chips and fix the crappy job Flat Rock did on the wing mounting bracket holes but hopefully I'll get all that done, today. I'll give the paint twenty-four then wash and rinse the snot out of her before a couple two or three days applying the C.Quartz coating.

1615380729391.png

Also did a minor repair/cleanup job on the right front RokBlokz flap. While securing the top bracket for the flap to the fender well, I used some epoxy and dripped some on the edge of the fender. Luckily, it was on the stupid piece of clear vinyl Ford puts on it. Some Acetone softened the epoxy and the vinyl but fortunately, not the paint. (I did a test on the frame first..<grin>) Then, some 3M Adhesive Remover and some polishing. Looks perfect now. I also put the flap in the oven to soften it before re-installing and it fits better now, too. I may warm it up again and stuff some towels between the flap and the tire to see if I can get it even closer to the curve of the fender.

1615380968624.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, John and got it covered on the wipedown. I'll use foam, Eraser, and IPA after she's dry and hopefully, that'll duit. Thankfully, the most difficult part of the job is behind me. Ceramic is all about even application and clean towels coupled with lots of hand buffing. Just OCD stuff. :-)

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
small sections at a time. apply, let haze, buff with a suede like towel to "burnish' it and not remove alot, then go with the big soft MF towel after. And inspect. Repeat.....

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I ceramic coated mine as well. The ceramic can be a taxing process but a most rewarding one. I am planning on buffing the car out and switching to graphene as the graphene coating is next level according to club members I know and from seeing their cars. Good luck and Im sure you will love it!

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, you have been a very busy man. I appreciate your attention to detail, and I look forward to hearing all about the outcome.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, guys and Chris, it sounds like you've seen examples of a "graphene" coating So, I'm curious, have you seen two vehicles, same SiO2 coating but one with suspended graphene? From what I've been reading and viewing, it's more of a dang buzzward than anything else and, it can actually degrade the ceramic by making the coating spotty.

I'm gonna stick with C.Quartz and John, copy all, I gots da stuff and pretty sure I know how to use them. ("She's Got Legs") <grin>

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks, guys and Chris, it sounds like you've seen examples of a "graphene" coating So, I'm curious, have you seen two vehicles, same SiO2 coating but one with suspended graphene? From what I've been reading and viewing, it's more of a dang buzzward than anything else and, it can actually degrade the ceramic by making the coating spotty.

I'm gonna stick with C.Quartz and John, copy all, I gots da stuff and pretty sure I know how to use them. ("She's Got Legs") <grin>
To be honest im not sure of the difference between the 2 graphenes. I have seen them next to each other. The Graphene seemed to make a tiny bit difference. Lots of factors could be at play for sure IE coating methods, the person doing the coating, the color of car ect. Like I said, either way You'll be more than happy

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow, that's some work already KB.
Perfection takes time! Looking forward to the results.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Are you scrubbing the front inner barrels every time you wash that car? Mine haven't looked that white since I bought my car.
Yes, I do, Rev. :-)

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Chris: You sorta kinda confirmed what I was thinking, that it's more hype than better quality. I'm pretty sure that if you buy a high-quality, well-known, recommended ceramic and, apply it properly, you probably can't tell the difference between it and any competition.

S3: Thanks for the kind words and you are most correct.

All: Got the touch-up work done yesterday along with the wing bracket holes. All turned out better than expected so I'm a happy camper. Yanked all the tape and tire covers and I am going to give her a triple super duper bath <grin> then take the afternoon off. I'll start the coating tomorrow. Meanwhile, a couple ketchup photos.

1615467124026.png

1615467414534.png

1615467564409.png

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
will you be putting your OEM hood vent back in when you are done?

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
will you be putting your OEM hood vent back in when you are done?
Probably Tom, but only for a few weeks hopefully. I'm in the first batch of Pythons from Terrance so I will be installing the new vent as soon as I receive it.
Sponsored