Sponsored

Looks like #001 is almost ready for delivery!

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Hang in there, Evan, it's gonna be 2020! Think positively.

And like TO and GL, I love bright yellow but again, it's too visible for the boogey man. :-)
KB: I do appreciate your positivity, hopefully your right and the VIN is on the way soon! And i think all colors on this car will be on the boogey mans radar.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Have to agree about the colours and the boogie man. Any Mustang slung low and with some growl attracts the Boogie man. or Woman.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
And i think all colors on this car will be on the boogey mans radar.
Evan: For a good part of my life I was Mr. Negative but I learned that such thinking gets you nowhere but down. Nowadays, I take the "half full" outlook and try to be positive about everything. It doesn't always work but I'm definitely doing better.

As for the colors, I sure HOPE Rapid Red doesn't attract the BM but we'll ALL have to be ULTRA careful on the street. Both my F-250 and '14 500 get moving WAY up above the speed limit without even trying so THIS car is going to be a REAL challenge in that department.

That said, I accept the challenge. :-)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Did Ford finally equip their cars with an 'overspeed' chime feature like pretty much everyone else has?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The overspeed is user-settable. I set mine to 73mph so that when I'm having a careless moment with the 500 ponies galloping down the highway it remind me, "yo dude. might want to roll out of the throttle". Otherwise it's way too easy to blow past 80mph which in VA is an instant go-to-jail reckless charge.

1st world problems. I know.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Matt: But a problem that we'll all face, nonetheless. I didn't know about the aural warning, not a bad idea to stay under the limit. I use Adaptive Cruise in my truck ALL the time to accomplish the same goal and I'll probably do both in the new Shelby.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Matt: But a problem that we'll all face, nonetheless. I didn't know about the aural warning, not a bad idea to stay under the limit. I use Adaptive Cruise in my truck ALL the time to accomplish the same goal and I'll probably do both in the new Shelby.
I have not seen that the GT500 will have adaptive cruise control KB, I did not see it on the steering wheel of all videos or car booklet. I ha e it on my F150 and Ranger and love it but not sure it comes on GT500

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
...but not sure it comes on GT500
SURELY that can't be true now that it's not a manual, Jeff!

Won't they just be calling the same software code libraries in many cases as any other automatic Mustang? If not, I'm surprised. Heck, my "old" '14 "normal cruise" works fine as long as you don't need to do anything as the system is not an "autothrottle" like Adaptive Cruise. DANG IT! I sure hope you're wrong, amigo but you sure sound convincing...like you actually know it doesn't. <grin> Thanks for the catch, that is an important feature, for me at least, and it'll save me some money in tickets, too. :-)

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
SURELY that can't be true now that it's not a manual, Jeff!

Won't they just be calling the same software code libraries in many cases as any other automatic Mustang? If not, I'm surprised. Heck, my "old" '14 "normal cruise" works fine as long as you don't need to do anything as the system is not an "autothrottle" like Adaptive Cruise. DANG IT! I sure hope you're wrong, amigo but you sure sound convincing...like you actually know it doesn't. <grin> Thanks for the catch, that is an important feature, for me at least, and it'll save me some money in tickets, too. :-)
KB,
I posted a screen shot of steering wheel of a review though it’s a pre production model I believe it’s probably the same electronics and stuff as what we are getting and you will see on left of steering wheel in the cruise area buttons you don’t see the buttons for adaptive cruise control. I’m pretty bummed too and I hope I’m wrong. My delivery is in 19 days so I will know and upload pics as soon as I get her.
2D337931-5933-4443-818C-8C691A1165FF.png

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Double DANG IT, Jeff!! Sadly, I'm sure you're correct..Ford didn't change the wheel at the last minute to add AC. DAMN IT! That is a travesty...I can live with the not--so-classy, not European-style interior but man, "Technology Package?!" Come on Ford, are you kidding me? Your dang Super Duties have it for crying out loud and you couldn't put it in your most expensive vehicle short of the GT? Ridiculous, I say, Yoda.

Thanks Jeff...I think. :frown:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
K: I have some experience with ACC from when I was custom opening my lower grill on my 2015. There is a roughly 4x4 radar device that mounts in the front of the car to "radar" the distance in front of you. I am sure they could not find a place to put this, due to the massive open grills for the heat exchangers.

Bummer I know, it would be nice to have it on this car, bit you got to give to get sometimes.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I hate adaptive cruise control.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I hate adaptive cruise control.
I can give or take cruise control at all. I can count on both hands and feet how many times I have used it anyway. Too many idiots driving 65 in the high speed lane like it's their personal lane to use it nowadays, IMHO.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I can give or take cruise control at all. I can count on both hands and feet how many times I have used it anyway. Too many idiots driving 65 in the high speed lane like it's their personal lane to use it nowadays, IMHO.
I use it with light traffic sometimes.
Sponsored