Almost hit a pedestrian

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
I was just cruising thru the streets of Copenhagen today. And then this fucker did this. Luckily the brakes on this car is good. He even looked at me like I was in the wrong. :lipssealed:

Have U ever been close to hitting somebody like this?

Sponsored

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Wow! We need more dash cam videos! Someone revive the close calls thread!

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
good thing ya missed him, looks like he was carrying his bathroom with him. LOL

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
good thing ya missed him, looks like he was carrying his bathroom with him. LOL
No collision alert with adaptive brakes ?

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
pedestrian boozing on a Friday. That looks like a complicated segment of road and the speed limit should be set to around 15-20 mph. Undivided road, bus lanes, and a lot of people and bicycles. In addition to the pedestrian, if that bus started into a left turn, it would have been a bad day for the Mustang or the bicycles if you swerved.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
He was driving approx 25-26 MPH, not sure what the speed limit was on that stretch, but come on...seems perfectly reasonable.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
Is he in a marked crosswalk? Where I live, pedestrians in a crosswalk have the right of way.

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
You should have run the BOZO over. You had a green light and he had a solid red guy stopped in the light looking at him. In other words "don't try and cross now". You can see the other people looking to cross the intersection on the right waiting for the light!
Unless things are different in Denmark.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is he in a marked crosswalk? Where I live, pedestrians in a crosswalk have the right of way.
Since he was crossing traffic at in intersection, itā€™s likely a timed crossing and if itā€™s a ā€œdo not crossā€ signal, traffic has the right of way.

Most intersections on major roads are this type of setup. If a pedestrian gets hit crossing while traffic has the right of way, it usually doesnā€™t play in their favor in the eyes of the law.

Unmetered crossings, yes, the pedestrian always has the right of way and oncoming traffic is expected to yield.

This is in densly populated FL, so it may vary by state and certainly in suburban areas. The OP is in a different country, but probably similar rules.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I canā€™t what my dad used to say in the late 70ā€™s and 80ā€™s!

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Woman jogger decided to jog right in front of me getting ready to pull away from a stop sign. Was an unlit road in the dark. Never saw her from the side. She just appeared out of nowhere as I started to move. Scared the bejeebus out of me. And yeah it's funny to think I should have smacked her, but you guys know you don't want that to happen even if it isn't at all your fault.

So listen up you jackass bicycle riders and joggers: if we can't see you you're gonna get whacked. Courtesy works both ways.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
So listen up you jackass [drivers]: if [you look right through us cyclists, weā€™re] gonna get whacked. I canā€™t count the number of times some boneheaded driver almost hit me.
Sponsored