Sponsored

Almost a record 10.62 et 131 mph

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
First good GT500 drag race I have seen for awhile. This is Carolina dragway so great DA this time of year. Last year a stock power demon went 9.58 at 138 in like -2000 DA at this track.

He said there was a 25 mph headwind at this so maybe 10.50s on another day. Only mod is jlt intake, otherwise bone stock.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Nice.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
That's a whole lot of steady headwind and unless there was weather in the area or this track is very near the coast, I doubt it was that strong. Even so, great ET for sure and I'd like to know if he used LC and if so, what RPM. (Guess I gotta watch.)

OK, I watched and yep, the guy had excellent launches on both recorded passes and he did use LC.

As has been said so many times over the past ten months or so, this car is all about hooking up. After that, the computers take over. :cool:

Thanks for the info, CL.

KB

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a whole lot of steady headwind and unless there was weather in the area or this track is very near the coast, I doubt it was that strong. Even so, great ET for sure and I'd like to know if he used LC and if so, what RPM. (Guess I gotta watch.)

OK, I watched and yep, the guy had excellent launches on both recorded passes and he did use LC.

As has been said so many times over the past ten months or so, this car is all about hooking up. After that, the computers take over. :cool:

Thanks for the info, CL.

KB
Carolina dragway is called the house of hook for a reason, some of the best track prep out there.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Wouldn't the gurney flap add unwanted drag...different than the desirable down force on a circuit?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't the gurney flap add unwanted drag...different than the desirable down force on a circuit?
Yeah a little for sure. Don’t see it doing more than a couple hundredths of a second but it can’t help.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The "stock" car only had 1 mod which added 20-40 hp...therfore not "stock".... :curse: I am a Billionaire, just not in net worth...
Exactly, that little mod is easily worth an extra 30 wheel HP.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, that little mod is easily worth an extra 30 wheel HP.
Are you guys sure it is really adding that much?
I know it does on the dyno, but I haven’t seen it translate to the street.
Guys were seeing big numbers on the stock intake with the lid off also but when it came to the street or drag strip it didn’t help at all.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Are you guys sure it is really adding that much?
I know it does on the dyno, but I haven’t seen it translate to the street.
Guys were seeing big numbers on the stock intake with the lid off also but when it came to the street or drag strip it didn’t help at all.
I'll bite. How do you measure WHP on the track or the strip?

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Nice runs. Houston has great DA this time of year also but alas, my car is sitting and waiting to be released for shipment for some reason. Oh well, it will get here when it gets here.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Patience, Skywalker..patience. :cool:

Keller: I've been leaning in your direction regarding your opinion of the two CAI's. Remember, Jaime was one of the first to install one and if my memory is correct, he thought he could hear the blower more inside the cockpit but didn't really notice a boost in performance. Pretty sure 30HP would be pretty noticeable.

Granted, in theory I suppose it should add some amount of horsepower but how much I think remains to be seen in the real world.

KB

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Keller: I've been leaning in your direction regarding your opinion of the two CAI's. Remember, Jaime was one of the first to install one and if my memory is correct, he thought he could hear the blower more inside the cockpit but didn't really notice a boost in performance. Pretty sure 30HP would be pretty noticeable.

Granted, in theory I suppose it should add some amount of horsepower but how much I think remains to be seen in the real world.

KB
I think it comes down to way too many factors to notice a small increase in HP. The temperature, the DA, the individual differences between gt500s all making a little different power, the skills of the driver, the track prep, plus others I probably didn’t mention. I don’t think it’s as simple as putting an intake on and getting better times, sure in theory you will, but in the real world maybe not.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)

KB
I have been thinking about posting about this for a while.
I am NOT saying the aftermarket intakes are a hoax.
I just haven’t seen the 30whp (which is a lot) transfer into faster times.
I would like to have my suspicions disproved.
Obviously, with a highly modified car a aftermarket market intake is needed/wanted.
Sponsored