Sponsored

Alignment looks way off after BMR spring install

Kessler1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

I just put some BMR sp080s on my 17 GTPP along with some camber bolts. I brought it over to an alignment shop but it looks like the camber is way out of wack. The BMR springs have a very minimal drop so I’m surprised it’s so far off. Am I wrong, or is there room for improvement without buying any additional parts?
E0AFA5C1-8F43-4A82-BD47-CB8A49D534E9.jpeg
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Am I reading it right? -3.6 and -2.7?

:inspect:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There's no way your Front and Rear Left camber is that high unless something is broken.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
-3.85 and -1.65 in the rear sounds wack. You should be able to eyeball that difference. -3.85 is massive. If its true, thats a 1" difference at the top of the tire from left to right side in the rear.

OP
OP

Kessler1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It is actually visibly off. I will be taking it to another place Friday to get it sorted out by someone that knows what they’re doing. Thankfully I only drove about 15 miles a day until then. I’m going to contact their corporate office for a refund too this is horribly done

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
It is actually visibly off. I will be taking it to another place Friday to get it sorted out by someone that knows what they’re doing. Thankfully I only drove about 15 miles a day until then. I’m going to contact their corporate office for a refund too this is horribly done
Take your car to Jeff Capelo at Westshore Automotive. Tell him to align the car and call me.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Good call. That is the worst alignment sheet I've seen (less cars that have been in an accident). Not only are your numbers off, but the sheet itself is a headache to read.

OP
OP

Kessler1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Good call. That is the worst alignment sheet I've seen (less cars that have been in an accident). Not only are your numbers off, but the sheet itself is a headache to read.
I bought this car new so I know for a fact it’s never been in an accident. Not even tracked, auto x anything. Shit I hit speed bumps at 3 mph and there are no potholes in Florida lol. Will post update on Friday after the next alignment

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought this car new so I know for a fact it’s never been in an accident. Not even tracked, auto x anything. Shit I hit speed bumps at 3 mph and there are no potholes in Florida lol. Will post update on Friday after the next alignment
My suspicions are that your original alignment shop just didn’t get a proper reading. Sounds like the next shop you go to you’ll be in better shape.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If I’m reading that before and after correctly, that shop just made your alignment worse.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Completely agree. What a disaster.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The "best" (perhaps most popular) alignment shop in the Atlanta, which was tasked with setting my front camber to -2.4 even on both sides, actually set my driver side front camber to -1.5 and passenger to -2.5. Naturally, my camber plates weren't even close in alignment. No accidents. No reason for that kind of difference. Took it to two other alignment shops just to validate that their machine must be out of calibration as I as worried something happened to me car... and after proving that was not the case, they told me that their machine is not wrong and that I don't know what I'm talking about. Stopped going there and later heard similar stories. I now take the car to either Steeda or a trusted friend at a Ford dealer.

It happens... just go to a better place.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It happens... just go to a better place.
Or learn how to do the job yourself. You could make adjustments based on just sighting down the sides of the car with no measuring equipment of any sort and do a better job on the cambers than what OP got.

Norm

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have BMR 81s up front and 88 (drag springs) in the back. I recently replaced my factory Pirellis with Firestone Indy 500s and I had camber that could not be adjusted out. The guy doing it worked at a frame shop and knew what he was doing and he showed me his adjustment was maxed out and he elongated the holes in the struts and got it right.
Sponsored