Sponsored

Alignment after installing new springs?

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys. Just put the Eibach Pro on my 15 GT. First, do the attached after numbers look good? I ask because it feels fine, but sometimes when I nail it, it seems to ever so slightly feel like it has a momentary pull to the left. Not bad enough I can't hold the wheel with even one finger ;)

It's really tiny, and, seems more obvious if I'm in D vs S when flooring it, from a roll. I just don't wanna keep dishing out coin if these look acceptable. Otherwise feels great. Thanks all!!
Well, no replies but figured I'd update ya to benefit those doing the job or thinking of it ...

After 3 alignments, still pulled on accel and even side stepped on long freeway sweepers!

Went to the orig install shop to have stocks put in, but thought hey lets first make sure all was tight, everywhere. Turns out, left rear lower control arm was loose!! Not hand tight, or even garage tool loose but long wrench on a lift loose. I had my doubts but it made sense ... torque, freeway, lots of weight was enough to effectively have "dynamic" toe and camber!

Crazy, and enough to almost make me go back to stock! So if u have it done, or do it yourself make damn sure that those links are extremely hand tight :)

Cheers!!
Sponsored

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Well, no replies but figured I'd update ya to benefit those doing the job or thinking of it ...

After 3 alignments, still pulled on accel and even side stepped on long freeway sweepers!

Went to the orig install shop to have stocks put in, but thought hey lets first make sure all was tight, everywhere. Turns out, left rear lower control arm was loose!! Not hand tight, or even garage tool loose but long wrench on a lift loose. I had my doubts but it made sense ... torque, freeway, lots of weight was enough to effectively have "dynamic" toe and camber!

Crazy, and enough to almost make me go back to stock! So if u have it done, or do it yourself make damn sure that those links are extremely hand tight :)

Cheers!!
Thank you for sharing. Which bolts?

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you for sharing. Which bolts?
Very happy to run down n snap one off :)

So its the 2 big bolts, to the left n right of the silver H arm craddle. What's crazy, is that I think one is for toe, so even if the install doesn't require it be loosened, alignments would, so I'm gonna be really anal about it from this day on!! Hope that helps :)
Screenshot_2015-08-11-16-28-46-480x853.jpg

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Very happy to run down n snap one off :)

So its the 2 big bolts, to the left n right of the silver H arm craddle. What's crazy, is that I think one is for toe, so even if the install doesn't require it be loosened, alignments would, so I'm gonna be really anal about it from this day on!! Hope that helps :)
Oh just to be clear, they're the verticle bolts ... Left black, right silver

Sponsored

chadmclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is real useful info.
Thanks guys! If I can save one poor soul from having gone through what I did these last few weeks, the post is worth its weight in gold!

Seriously, a few days ago couldn't sleep, didn't know what to do, crap even econoboxes were looking really nice lol!!

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Ok just curious. Thanks for taking the picture.

I highly recommend the threaded toe links. Steeda and BMR both offer a set.

You can torque both those bolts and adjust toe similar to the front. Never have to worry about the cam adjuster slipping on you.

BTW: Your alignment settings are good enough. However if you had to tighten the cam adjuster (silver bolt on right) there's a very good chance you changed the toe on that side. If it drives straight don't worry about it. Otherwise check it again.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Quick question, does toe in makes your steering tighter? If so, what would be a good aggressive toe in? Don't care about tire wear. I just want the steering to be tight and have 0 bump steer.

my car is 100% stock suspension wise but still getting bump steer. The car is unstable when Going over bumps over 50mph. Moves right and left and just goes out of control. Tire pressure is perfect. Car only has 5000 miles on it. I have no idea why this is happening. Started doing this for last 2000 miles. Could it be that everything has settled and alignment is off?

Is kinda scary when going over bumps over 70mph.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Quick question, does toe in makes your steering tighter? If so, what would be a good aggressive toe in? Don't care about tire wear. I just want the steering to be tight and have 0 bump steer.

my car is 100% stock suspension wise but still getting bump steer. The car is unstable when Going over bumps over 50mph. Moves right and left and just goes out of control. Tire pressure is perfect. Car only has 5000 miles on it. I have no idea why this is happening. Started doing this for last 2000 miles. Could it be that everything has settled and alignment is off?

What do you mean by moves right and left and goes "out of control" since obviously you didn't crash so you weren't completely out of control? :-) Are you applying significant power so that the combination of a bump and power cause power oversteer? If so, are you driving more aggressively than you did in the first 2000 miles. You said the suspension is stock. What about "tune" or anything that might have changed throttle response? Are you driving with Advance Trac "on"?

Can you describe the bumps that are unsettling the car at 50 to 70 mph? My car has always been stable over any reasonable bump taken at "within the speed limit" speed, especially compared to previous solid axle Mustangs, etc. It is normal for a large bump to upset the car somewhat. These cars are sports/sporty cars not soft sedans or off road trucks.

In any case, unless your alignment has somehow gotten screwed up from the nominal factory specs changing adding toe in or out in either the front or the rear won't really make any difference other than to tire wear. Sometimes racers/autocrosssers will adjust toe in order to quicken initial steering response or other "at the tire traction limit" handling characteristics. However, in your case of simply wanting the car to be more stable over bumps the last thing you need is to quicken the steering response.

Bottom line: Unless something has broken or "moved" on the car due to impact or some factory defect these cars have extremely well designed suspensions and even GT PP versions like yours and mine have good "compliance" over bumps. A minor alignment change shouldn't make any difference IF the car is still within factory tolerances.

Last edited:

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Car only has an exhaust.
What about the other questions?

Can't really try to help without more info.

Also, what kind of cars are you used to driving? This info can help put your current question in context.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Have you had an alignment done?

Don't assume that the alignment is correct from the factory. Mine was not. The Factory just gets them "close enough".

In fact the last 5 new cars that I have purchased required an alignment. Now I do not purchase a car without having the dealership align it prior to delivery.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I will get alignment done after when I install my coilovers.
Sponsored