Alignment after suspension modifications- No Go

Wallace7777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I took my 2015 GT PP to the local Firestone to get an alignment after quite a few mods. I changed out from the PP springs to the Ford Racing Springs(lowered car about 1”) added Koni Shocks, Ford racing knuckle to toe-link bushings, BMR Rear control arms and BMR Cradle lockout kit. They put it on the rack then said it was out but they didn’t have the ability to set the suspension and took it off the rack and handed me back the keys. You can see print-out (attached)they gave me and said I really need to get the setting fixed quickly... I said that is why I was there. They tried to give me a performance shop contact and said I should give them a call. I didn’t bother taking it, not thinking I should trust anything they said. Does anyone have any input on this or suggestions where I should go, another Firestone or actually go to a performance shop only? Oddly enough, the car drives fairly smooth and straight just thought I would get an alignment after all the work I did.

A71E86EB-CEF9-4595-A7C1-4ADC0EA832FC.jpeg
Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
You need to find a performance shop that will put in the time and effort. It's needed on the rear end.

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
They aren't going to be able to really properly set the front camber if you aren't providing camber bolts or haven't installed camber plates. Sending you somewhere better equipped for the job sounds like the right move unless you want to pay for the alignment twice. I would have taken the contact and asked what was needed to dial it in.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If not road racing I'd set the toe and forget it.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Your rear toe is way out of spec and it does need to be addressed ASAP or you’ll burn up your tires cery quickly. Your front toe is off too, and needs to be addressed, but the rear toe is WAY to high. Go for more rear camber too.

yeah - don’t go to firestone, find a reputable performance shop which will work on a modified car and set the alignment close as possible to your specs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wallace7777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Keep in mind, they didn’t even try to adjust anything, they just said they couldn’t do it. They say the before and after are the same settings... looked a little different to me. I have a performance shop in the area I work, I will call them in the morning and see what they say or can do.

OP
OP

Wallace7777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Should I add adjustable rear toe rids or adjustable camber links to get the rear setup properly or is there enough adjustment in the stock suspension already and not necessary?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Plenty of adjustment in the rear. Your front numbers look good except for the toe

Rear camber is good if you drag race, toe is out of whack. I do like same numbers side to side. Rear camber is adjustable.

OP
OP

Wallace7777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Plenty of adjustment in the rear. Your front numbers look good except for the toe

Rear camber is good if you drag race, toe is out of whack. I do like same numbers side to side. Rear camber is adjustable.
Thanks for the response, this gives me some confidence. I am really not trying to add many more parts than what I need/require, I added the Steeda transmission bushing and could not stand the vibration at 2,500 - 3,500 rpm and ripped it out... don’t want to add more parts that add to NVH than I have to now.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Both toes are relatively easy to set and I have no idea why they declined to do it (since none of the parts changed the way this is being set). Have toe set and leave camber as is (unfortunately rear camber will change when setting toe and it is little awkward to set it).

Sponsored
OP
OP

Wallace7777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Both toes are relatively easy to set and I have no idea why they declined to do it (since none of the parts changed the way this is being set). Have toe set and leave camber as is (unfortunately rear camber will change when setting toe and it is little awkward to set it).
I have a feeling it was too much work as they were backlogged and decided it wasn’t worth their time. Or... they just don’t know what they are doing.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Just sent you a pm ............. Mike

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
If your roads are long and flat like here in Florida, you will be okay with that camber.Just need to get toe adjusted. That is what will wear the edges of the tires bad. . 👍

arichmond1003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
19’ Mustang GT Kona Blue
I took my car to a chain repair shop after doing suspension mods and was told the same thing. I’m not sure if they didn’t want to deal with the aftermarket parts or what. Find a mom and pop shop that’s got a good reputation behind them.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
those caster readings look terrible if they're correct.

If they aren't correct, I'm betting that the targets weren't set up properly, and that makes it hard to trust any of their other numbers.

Norm
Sponsored