Alex Flores broke shift forks on camera

Justin Fontaine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tundra Limited, 16Mazda CX-5 GT, BMW R1200GS, Husaberg FE 350
Hey Alex. When was the build date of your car? The first TSB issued was for cars built in late 2017. Just curious.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
He only shifted successfully once ( 1st to 2nd) he went for 3rd and it wasn't there. I don't think he was forcing anything. It's a performance car with 460hp and a ton or torque capable of going 0-60 in 4 seconds. Sadly the guys building it ( designers) apparently were not aware of this. The fact that this is a TSB and we can now see it happening in real time should take all the conjecture out of the equation. The transmission is faulty. Period.
Did you watch a different video? You can see the force he shifted into 3rd with (look at his face, you can see the effort), and you can hear something breaking as he shifts into 3rd, a solid graunch as he shifts.

The shift forks supposedly came from a bad batch. Still looks like he was intentionally trying to break his trans.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Did you watch a different video? You can see the force he shifted into 3rd with (look at his face, you can see the effort), and you can hear something breaking as he shifts into 3rd, a solid graunch as he shifts.

The shift forks supposedly came from a bad batch. Still looks like he was intentionally trying to break his trans.
i dont think i have seen too many enthusiasts shift gears with a straight face when racing.maybe send us a video of you shifting for comparison..

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black

I can't say for sure but I feel like it was on purpose. It gets him views, subscribers, and better forks replaced under warranty. I mean...he had ZERO negative reaction. None. I would have been pissed for at least a few seconds. Replaced for free or not, my brand new Mustang is about to go into the shop for an indefinite amount of time. That's not something that I smile about the moment it happens.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I can state with 115% confidence that I can accelerate faster, because I don't break my shift-forks in the process. So I would, like, have a few more gears to use.
115% confident, 0% proof. Sure bud

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i dont think i have seen too many enthusiasts shift gears with a straight face when racing.maybe send us a video of you shifting for comparison..
No kidding, another armchair QB. Havent watched any recent #ydbt vids, but have seen his old videos, he is a hardcore mustang guy and hardcore drag racer. I remember he use to have vids in Boston area and moved to either tx or florida to pursue his passion (tuning and drag racing mustangs).

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Let me understand you properly; you think it's normal to put so much force into shifting that you have the same look on your face as when you're lifting?

Whether I'm cruising, or accelerating fast, I put the same force into the shifter, and I never look like I'm squatting or benching, because I don't put much force into shifting, just what it requires.

Does anyone here really think that using more force will cause a shift to happen faster?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I can't say for sure but I feel like it was on purpose. It gets him views, subscribers, and better forks replaced under warranty. I mean...he had ZERO negative reaction. None. I would have been pissed for at least a few seconds. Replaced for free or not, my brand new Mustang is about to go into the shop for an indefinite amount of time. That's not something that I smile about the moment it happens.
Yep.....he didn't even react to it.....until he started grinning. Anyone else would have had a serious negative reaction.

But that may just be his personality.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
He only shifted successfully once ( 1st to 2nd) he went for 3rd and it wasn't there.....
He broke the 3rd & 4th shift fork during the shift into 3rd. You can hear it.

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Maybe the video was sponsored by Tremec. Get the MT82 to break on camera, get a free Tremec Magnum.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
He broke the 3rd & 4th shift fork during the shift into 3rd. You can hear it.

I agree with the dude (who I have watched for a while now) that the car has a glass tranny. Catching it on video was great as he didn’t do anything wrong. Other members here have the same issues on their YouTube channels. Quality control took a nose dive for 2018. That is an expense you can control and they are putting the money somewhere else...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
No kidding, another armchair QB. Havent watched any recent #ydbt vids, but have seen his old videos, he is a hardcore mustang guy and hardcore drag racer. I remember he use to have vids in Boston area and moved to either tx or florida to pursue his passion (tuning and drag racing mustangs).
He's kinda quit with the YLDB vids for a while because his subscriber base and reaction has greatly improved since giving actual datapoints and information. He started working for VMP for a while then recently moved back to Lund Racing via remote I believe through PBH.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Very first S550 owner here since Sep 2014! My advice to you all with the manual tranny is to get a tranny mount, mgw shifter and fluid swap to BG Syncro Shift 2!

This problem was not just on 17-18’s but on all S550’s, hack even S197 had its own MT82 problems. My car would lock me out of 3rd or 4th gear on really high rpm quick shifting. It doesn’t matter you are hitting the clutch before the shifting motion. It almost feels like the car is lacking behind you and doesn’t want to complete the shifting. Tranny Mount, MGW and BG Syncro 2 cured all of that. I also advice to get Steeda Clutch Spring. It helps with the clutch engagement.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very first S550 owner here since Sep 2014! My advice to you all with the manual tranny is to get a tranny mount, mgw shifter and fluid swap to BG Syncro Shift 2!

This problem was not just on 17-18’s but on all S550’s, hack even S197 had its own MT82 problems. My car would lock me out of 3rd or 4th gear on really high rpm quick shifting. It doesn’t matter you are hitting the clutch before the shifting motion. It almost feels like the car is lacking behind you and doesn’t want to complete the shifting. Tranny Mount, MGW and BG Syncro 2 cured all of that. I also advice to get Steeda Clutch Spring. It helps with the clutch engagement.
Thats what I did when I had my 13 5.0. MGW 2nd gen shifter and amsoil synchromesh. I still have the pump too. that MGW was the 2nd best mod to my 5.0. First best mod was ditching the shitty noisy pirelli p-zero grip tires.
Sponsored