Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
:crackup:
Ha! That'll never happen.
Hide your head in the sand but the evidence is all around you. The reason model refreshes and updates are all over the place now at Ford is that the GT is in “maintenance mode” until the electric car debuts; otherwise they would still be planning a new model V8. It’s a bitter pill but preferable to driving a V8 that turns off at traffic lights like some V8 sports cars or cylinder deactivation when cruising. I’d rather let it die now than a death by a thousand cuts.

The manual has no place in an electric car so no R&D there either and it shows.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The R&D is going to the all-electric Mustang. What you hear in the 2018 GT is not just a rattle, but the death rattle of the V8. Sorry guys but the writing is clearly on the walls...
Well, at least it won’t be replaced by a 4 banger.:turkey:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

More horse power and way more torque. Faster as in stupid faster! I raced a modded Lexus with a commercial hybrid van I was driving a week ago and he had to give it his all to get ahead. Then I worried about getting balled out at work as these have advanced real time telematics - but I digress...

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Agreed

As sticker prices go higher and higher.
Because we keep on buying them. RHD cars are frying oil coolers leading to engine replacements, then there's the ac evap with no conformed fix/recall...but still, we keep on buying them. So if you're Ford why try harder?

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Oh you’d better be careful. The 4 pot hybrid is faster than the V8 but probably detuned so as not to traumatize the V8 faithful. I’d just let it trounce the V8 and set the stage for the all new electric Mustang... Times a changing...

Rockets on cars coming next. I’m surprised nobody here isn’t talking about it?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
:crackup:

Hide your head in the sand but the evidence is all around you. The reason model refreshes and updates are all over the place now at Ford is that the GT is in “maintenance mode” until the electric car debuts; otherwise they would still be planning a new model V8. It’s a bitter pill but preferable to driving a V8 that turns off at traffic lights like some V8 sports cars or cylinder deactivation when cruising. I’d rather let it die now than a death by a thousand cuts.

The manual has no place in an electric car so no R&D there either and it shows.
Please. If there's no R&D.. then what do you call the 2 OD's on the new MT82? Also, the Mustang, GT, vette, camaro, etc are to heavily involved in racing. So there will always be a gas powered option V8 for these cars.

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Oh you’d better be careful. The 4 pot hybrid is faster than the V8 but probably detuned so as not to traumatize the V8 faithful. I’d just let it trounce the V8 and set the stage for the all new electric Mustang... Times a changing...

Rockets on cars coming next. I’m surprised nobody here isn’t talking about it?
You better be careful. Them are fightin' words with the old schoolers around these parts.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The irony is the V6 is gone and the POS V8 carries on hahahahahahaha

Reactions: Ebm

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The irony is the V6 is gone and the POS V8 carries on hahahahahahaha
Actually you guys are taking this harder than I thought. So the V8 will live forever along with a manual transmission. There you go!

But I will gladly welcome an all electric Mustang and hopefully one with small rockets around it to aid in stability at speed.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Actually you guys are taking this harder than I thought. So the V8 will live forever along with a manual transmission. There you go!

But I will gladly welcome an all electric Mustang and hopefully one with small rockets around it to aid in stability at speed.

Haha well the V6 community will get the last laugh as soon as the cars start to appreciate in value soon. That is something the GT350R won’t do.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
One more reality check guys.

Ford stated clearly it was keeping the Mustang. Do you guys seriously think this decision was based on keeping the V8? DI was done for particulate emissions and not for performance. They are fed up with the V8 and keeping it viable. The V8 and manual tranny are dead ends for Ford now. That is the “why” of the slip shod quality control you see now.

They are not investing in dead end tech anymore. Ford is a business. Man, I feel like I’m telling you guys the truth about the tooth fairy. The new car will be an evolutionary leap forward- embrace it! There will still be a Mustang - faster and better than today’s GT!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Alejandro is a drag racer, he rips the shit out of his shifters. To be fast you need to do what he does.
Why not post up a vid to show how to properly shift? I bet you are not as fast as alejandro. LOL
I can state with 115% confidence that I can accelerate faster, because I don't break my shift-forks in the process. So I would, like, have a few more gears to use.

Now, let's be open-minded and go with the idea that his car had shift-forks out of a bad batch installed.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
In other news there is a Bullit at Yonge-Steeles Ford in Toronto. I just took some photos of it. If anyone is interested it’s in the back by the dumpsters. Only stickered at 61,000 but probably not that price...:cwl: love the Bullit on the steering wheel and the cue ball shift knob.

Snooze and lose boys!
Sponsored