Airraid filter whistling??

Mach Daddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Last night I installed on my 22 Mach the Airaid filter and removed the carbon trap and today after work I noticed a whistling sound on light revs almost like a procharger sound??? This normal I guess with the new filter??? Never heard anyone describe this with this setup before.
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't notice any whistling sound with my blue Airaid filter. I don't think it could sound any differently than stock, it's just a filter. Check that it's tightened properly.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
I get a little whistle with mine, but that didnt start til i put the GT350 tube on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mach Daddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Yeah nothing crazy, after driving it a little more it's more of a whoosing noise in general, and yes after removing my carbon filter I did reinstall the sleeve. Not that loud now to honest, just something I didn't notice before.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I have the whistle, but I love it. It usually with light/moderate acceleration around 3k rpm.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me of back in the day when my cousin had a Foxbody 5.0, it came with a BBK CAI when he bought it and was decently loud when accelerating (definitely not blower loud tho, lol).. and he was trying to get a catfish to race, and the guy was like no way, I hear that supercharger whistling. We both cracked up and told him it's N/A.. he said yea right and got scared off.
Sponsored