Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m going to steer weā€™ll clear of the aerodynamics and rpm discussions, but I am interested in this (and those two pictures) :

Although Steeda initially posted they work with the g-trac brace, but there is some mild modification needed. I have seen 2 installs where guys were very resourceful and trimmed the strake to fit around the g-trac, but after discussion with our 2 shop mechanics, we came up with a much better solution,

IMG_0541.jpeg

IMG_0536.jpeg
Is it possible that you / the mechanics could have fitted the item a little further forward ?

Other than Steedaā€™s comment, what prompts me ask the question, is the position of the original rear most mounting hole (the one you didnā€™t use) :

1715099478788-76.jpg

Unless itā€™s a trick of the camera angles, it looks like if you fitted it in that position but without the two point brace, that back hole would be in fresh air - or at the very best, in the side wall of the subframe ?

Would it have been possible to mount it further forward A) giving you less to trim or drill, and B) allowing the original rear mount to be used ?

Iā€™m interested, as fitting this part got on my radar as soon as I knew about it :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:

OP
OP
GrayMater22

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
Iā€™m going to steer weā€™ll clear of the aerodynamics and rpm discussions, but I am interested in this (and those two pictures) :

Is it possible that you / the mechanics could have fitted the item a little further forward ?

Other than Steedaā€™s comment, what prompts me ask the question, is the position of the original rear most mounting hole (the one you didnā€™t use) :

1715099478788-76.jpg

Unless itā€™s a trick of the camera angles, it looks like if you fitted it in that position but without the two point brace, that back hole would be in fresh air - or at the very best, in the side wall of the subframe ?

Would it have been possible to mount it further forward A) giving you less to trim or drill, and B) allowing the original rear mount to be used ?

Iā€™m interested, as fitting this part got on my radar as soon as I knew about it :like:

Cheers,

It is forward as you can go, there is another subframe bracket that comes down and attaches to the k-member and blocks it from going any more forward. I have seen pics of two other installs, one trimmed the strake around the g-trac and one sandwiched the strake between the g-trac and ran the bolt right thru it (didnā€™t want to do that because I donā€™t want any flex there, the strake would act as a abs washer). The strake follows the shape of the k-member so you really canā€™t adjust it much. I know the pics are kind of deceiving.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
As some of you have already seen, Ford is now installing air strakes on the k- member on the new gen7 performance stangs. I installed these today on my 22 GT Premium and from a functional aero view they should improve downforce by evacuating air faster from below the car (if it didnā€™t help Ford would of never spent the extra cash). Although Steeda initially posted they work with the g-trac brace, but there is some mild modification needed. I have seen 2 installs where guys were very resourceful and trimmed the strake to fit around the g-trac, but after discussion with our 2 shop mechanics, we came up with a much better solution, chalk mark where the g-trac bolts are and bore a hole thru the strake the same size as the bolt head with a dremmal and mount the strakes right over the bolt (see pics below). I would not recommend to even install the bottom screw in back, as it would go through the bolt washer, really no need as there is already a side fastener screw in rear as well. Overall very easy install and hoping to see a slight improvement in downforce. I will report back after some higher speed pulls. Btw, bought through Levittown Ford, considerably cheaper than the typical after market suppliers, saved around $45 šŸ˜Ž

IMG_0541.jpeg

IMG_0540.jpeg

IMG_0539.jpeg

IMG_0536.jpeg
Whatā€™s the part number on these?

OP
OP
GrayMater22

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium

1715099478788-76.jpg

Cheers,

I forgot to mention there is a side mount fastener that you can not see in the pic that mounts to the side of the k-member where the bolt is, so it is pretty solid right there. The part # on the packing slip from Levittown Ford is PR3Z-9916A315-A.

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Same. If you find the belly pan part numbers let me know. Iā€™ll look too.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
This isn't how gearing and speed work... your engine speed is exactly the same as it was before.
You are correct, it is how aerodynamics works šŸ˜‚
It isn't that either.
I am skeptical that it has lowered the RPMs at a given speed. HOWEVER, I suppose the out washing of the strakes could possibly reduce the amount of high velocity air hitting the bumpy/draggy underbody - reducing drag a little. But I don't think it would be THAT noticeable.

Either way, I do plan on getting some. I think they look cool.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone post part numbers of anything needed for this mod ?

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I am skeptical that it has lowered the RPMs at a given speed. HOWEVER, I suppose the out washing of the strakes could possibly reduce the amount of high velocity air hitting the bumpy/draggy underbody - reducing drag a little. But I don't think it would be THAT noticeable.

It could reduce Load on the engine, but not the rpm. Rpm is fixed based upon gear and diff ratio.

OP
OP
GrayMater22

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium

It is more noticeable than I thought it would be, and I guess reduced drag would probably be a better way of putting it. The engine seemed more relaxed (if that makes any sense) at 75mph on cruise control. This is on a 10r80 trans. All I did was post what I noticed and I do drive a lot and pay attention to my rpms, I believe it slightly reduces the load on the motor at speed, because the faster you go the more noticeable it is.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
This is an interesting pic. Is it an optical illusion or is there some sort of cover on the rear diff

IMG_5773.png
Sponsored