Aggressive Fitment Thread

Taylor18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 1
@Max Rips Did you get extended studs? I'm sketched out with how little thread is available with these 8mm spacers. I bought spline lugs but man, never had that little to work with.

Here’s the clearance on the ground from the spring perch with 295/30/20

2D6210B6-6E8C-4583-8BC5-5E84EC4A9545.jpeg

Max Rips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT Premium PP1
@Max Rips Did you get extended studs? I'm sketched out with how little thread is available with these 8mm spacers. I bought spline lugs but man, never had that little to work with.

Here’s the clearance on the ground from the spring perch with 295/30/20
You need extended studs to run an 8mm spacer. 5mm is the maximum you can run without extended studs. I just followed this guy and bought the exact same studs he did. He's been running them 4 years without any issues. They are cheaper and shorter than APR. With APR longer studs you'll have to run open-end lug nuts.

Thanks for the photo!

Taylor18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
You need extended studs to run an 8mm spacer. 5mm is the maximum you can run without extended studs. I just followed this guy and bought the exact same studs he did. He's been running them 4 years without any issues. They are cheaper and shorter than APR. With APR longer studs you'll have to run open-end lug nuts.

Thanks for the photo!
It's overkill, but I went with the FRPP Hubs w/ ARP Studs. Hopefully the FRPP lugs that come with fit the wheels. Otherwise I might need to spend some coin on open lugs.

Max Rips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT Premium PP1
It's overkill, but I went with the FRPP Hubs w/ ARP Studs. Hopefully the FRPP lugs that come with fit the wheels. Otherwise I might need to spend some coin on open lugs.
I went with a 305/30 square setup. Bought two types of spacers - 8mm and 5mm. I feel like it might fit with 5mm without the need for extended studs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I went with a 305/30 square setup. Bought two types of spacers - 8mm and 5mm. I feel like it might fit with 5mm without the need for extended studs.
What brand 305, seems like a lot of tire on a non 11 inch wheel. I know different brands different actual tire sizes. For instance the tire I use says that it's best for is a 10.5 but it's a 295. Curious as to what you're using.

Max Rips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT Premium PP1
What brand 305, seems like a lot of tire on a non 11 inch wheel. I know different brands different actual tire sizes. For instance the tire I use says that it's best for is a 10.5 but it's a 295. Curious as to what you're using.
It's Bridgestone Potenza S007A. I've seen people on these forums run same size Nitto's on the same wheel just fine and Nitto's known as running wide.

Taylor18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
It's Bridgestone Potenza S007A. I've seen people on these forums run same size Nitto's on the same wheel just fine and Nitto's known as running wide.
Thats funny, thats the same 295 I'm running. Got a good deal from Tire Rack. Seems like a great tire from what I read.

Max Rips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT Premium PP1
Thats funny, thats the same 295 I'm running. Got a good deal from Tire Rack. Seems like a great tire from what I read.
Same here - saw the deal on tirerack, read the reviews saying it's almost as good as PS4S and pulled the trigger. Have you tried it yet, what are your first impressions after PS4S?

Taylor18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Same here - saw the deal on tirerack, read the reviews saying it's almost as good as PS4S and pulled the trigger. Have you tried it yet, what are your first impressions after PS4S?
Snow and sub 20 degree temps here, I won't likely get to test it for 2-3 months.

Was just about to PM you, let me know if that 5mm spacer works for you. If it does I'll wait on installing these FRPP Hubs and ill just go that route.

Sponsored

Max Rips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT Premium PP1
Snow and sub 20 degree temps here, I won't likely get to test it for 2-3 months.

Was just about to PM you, let me know if that 5mm spacer works for you. If it does I'll wait on installing these FRPP Hubs and ill just go that route.
I am still waiting for TPMS sensors to arrive. Should be here next week. I'll post an update here as soon as I try it on.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ever use a Falken FK510? had great success with it in the dry and wet. I'll may try those when i'm done, but most Brigestones I have ran have been very loud, even the OEM ones.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Never had luck with the PS4S too much spin. Nitto 555r2 can hook power and handle dd and rain. Best of both worlds imo.

Max Rips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT Premium PP1
Ever use a Falken FK510? had great success with it in the dry and wet. I'll may try those when i'm done, but most Brigestones I have ran have been very loud, even the OEM ones.
I have no experience with Falken. Heard some good things about it. I just saw that crazy deal on tirerack that I couldn't pass. I'll report back how it feels compared to PS4S when my TPMS sensors arrive.

Max Rips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT Premium PP1
Never had luck with the PS4S too much spin. Nitto 555r2 can hook power and handle dd and rain. Best of both worlds imo.
That is so weird that people report completely opposite experiences with Nitto's. Most posts I see here is people hating on them, but there are some that love em.
Sponsored