Age old question...caliper color?

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I’m going down the same path. I am upgrading from 4 position to 6 piston brembos... I plan on painting them before putting them on the car.
If you powder coat them don’t you have to rebuild them?
Thanks
Tim
Rebuilding the Brembos is extremely easy. Its the rear calipers that are a pain in the ass!

Btw, the seal kits are available on Rockauto and are very cheap.
Sponsored

Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible / Velocity Blue / A10
I’m going down the same path. I am upgrading from 4 position to 6 piston brembos... I plan on painting them before putting them on the car.
If you powder coat them don’t you have to rebuild them?
Thanks
Tim

You don’t have to rebuild them, or break them all the way down. Remove bleeder screws, and brake shoes. The powder coater can mask off the piston surfaces when they sand blast them and powder coat them, or at least that’s what they did with mine. Look around for a powder coater with experience doing them, and they should be able to tell you in advance how far you need to break them down.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Looks great!!!

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
I just painted my wheels satin black hyperdip this last weekend. I have a Kona blue 2018 with bright metallic green stripes from BigWorm. I'm definitely painting my calipers and the center cap ponies green to complement the color scheme of my car. G2 is sending me samples of their standard green and lime green colors to figure out which one will look the closest to the racing stripes. I'm guessing the lime green will look better since they will be shaded behind the wheels. Hopefully I won't need them to do a custom color request, as that costs basically twice as much to order.

20200504_102642_HDR~2.jpg
Sponsored