Age old question...caliper color?

FamilymanGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Alright guys, I know some people love them and some people hate them...painted calipers. I have a base 2019 Velocity Blue GT. I am painting the calipers, but stuck on three colors...blue, red, or yellow (debated on lime green). I am assuming a G2 paint kit. Let me hear the I put on color please.

TIA,

Chris
5F2A86BD-D297-47FC-AD07-EB3F91F2021E.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Hummmmm. I was about to post the same question but logical without the age point. Jajajajajajaj

i bought new rims and will be doing some tests to see which color i like. I know the standard is red but i want to go apart of the crowd. The wheels are Gunmetal so i am thinking in a bronze color with red letters.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Don't complement/match the color. Contrast, people. Contrast.

For instance I have a grabber blue car. Striking color that stands out, and I love it. Immediately my brain went to red calipers. I have gloss black wheels. so are my badges and grill/trunk lid emblems (I got rid of all of the chrome), so the car is blue/black. So red is a contrasting color. You could argue that yellow would be as well.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I debated doing mine in "orange fury". I think it would look great with the velocity blue.

OP
OP
FamilymanGT

FamilymanGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am changing the badging to black and installing some SVE springs this week.

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
yellow looks good with blue. for my car (magnetic) i think i would go bright green or red if i ever did it. but i never will. i'm personally not a proponent of making stock standard brake calipers stand out. now, if i had a big brake kit front and back that would be a different story

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I used the G2 lime green paint on my oxford white.. I absolutely love the color. Really pops!!!
19gt.JPG

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
I used the G2 lime green paint on my oxford white.. I absolutely love the color. Really pops!!!
19gt.JPG
Looks good. I am thinking to go that route but i will like Copper and they don't have it and i will have to go custom and the price jumps a lot.

Can you share where you got the letters and post a pic of the rear caliper if you don't mind?

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
high temp vinyl decals are from amazon... comes in a four pack, 2 lrg n 2 small. I know the rears are not brembo but I stuck the small ones on just for the hell of it. I can just pull em back off anyways.
3362DF3F-8A4F-4BED-BF4E-3EE4F535E612.jpeg

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
high temp vinyl decals are from amazon... comes in a four pack, 2 lrg n 2 small. I know the rears are not brembo but I stuck the small ones on just for the hell of it. I can just pull em back off anyways.
3362DF3F-8A4F-4BED-BF4E-3EE4F535E612.jpeg
Thanks. Perfect. I will do the same. Final question. Did you clear after the paint or that's just the G2 paint?

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
That is just the caliper paint. I was skeptical but damn is it smooth. Its very time consuming, took me the better part of half a day easy. Prep is key. I removed all brake pads first, then totally cleaned calipers with brake clean and towels. I also used a dremel and got rid of most of the casting lines on the rear calipers. Start at one corner with first coat and move to the next going around the car. Did this atleast 5 times, I am very picky and was taking longer than expected to cover. Don't use the supplied brush, go get a better one from a hardware store. Also, do not mix the paint and hardener until you are ready to start painting. I left calipers mounted and just masked off stuff. I do however need to paint the rotor hats but havent had time yet. Hope that helps.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
That is just the caliper paint. I was skeptical but damn is it smooth. Its very time consuming, took me the better part of half a day easy. Prep is key. I removed all brake pads first, then totally cleaned calipers with brake clean and towels. I also used a dremel and got rid of most of the casting lines on the rear calipers. Start at one corner with first coat and move to the next going around the car. Did this atleast 5 times, I am very picky and was taking longer than expected to cover. Don't use the supplied brush, go get a better one from a hardware store. Also, do not mix the paint and hardener until you are ready to start painting. I left calipers mounted and just masked off stuff. I do however need to paint the rotor hats but havent had time yet. Hope that helps.
Perfect. Thanks for all the tips… Yes i am very picky too.

William518

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is one of the next upgrades that I do on mine. My S550 is Competition Orange, so I was planning on matching that color on the calipers. I'm not super creative, so my 2nd option was to go with black so it didn't show dust as bad. I don't think red would look good because its too close to the orange.

If not orange or black, what colors would look good?
side view33.jpg

Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible / Velocity Blue / A10
I did mine in yellow. I did the caliper paint first, but it came out too streaky for my taste (likely user error). If you go with caliper paint, I'd definitely recommend buying a few higher quality brushes, as mentioned above. I had them powder coated and clear coated a few weeks ago, and they turned out amazing, wish I had gone that route in the beginning. The powder coating only cost $375 after taxes, and was done in 2 days. If you go with any color other than red, I'd also recommend buying the "." decal to go in your 5.0 emblem to match the calipers, it really gives it a finished look. You can see what I'm talking about in the 2nd picture I'm posting. They sell them at Anchor Room.
The first 3 pictures I'm posting of of the car after I had the calipers powder coated, the last 2 pictures are of the calipers after I painted them, before I had them powder coated.
IMG_0679.JPG
IMG_0681.JPG
IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0662.JPG
Sponsored