Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Also, nice job on the paint, but the pins and bolts for the caliper were painted. Also painted over the bleeder nipple and rubber cap.

That paint is going to get destroyed when you do a pad change.
Got a 3 year warranty on it if there are issues. You're probably right though.
Sponsored

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Did you even read my post? I specified that it didn't hold up in the humidity of the south. You're in California with a completely different climate. 100F with 100% humidity in Houston definitely makes a difference in how things cure.

Also, the website you linked has a pint at $100. That's probably enough for a few coats for all 4 calipers, then it needs to be sealed and treated with high-temp clear. Plus with the labor, $350 ain't bad bub. I don't see how you're saving a ton of money on your paint.
One can of hi temp primer(spray can ) ..one can of color, (spray can )one can of clear(spray can) ..not that much money most like $100 and its plenty of paint to do all for corners .if you know how to paint ..and yes I did read your post ..sorry if you got triggered and G2 is not a option also hi temp clear and primer is not really needed unless you track and auto cross alot . ..you don't have to justify the over priced paint job ...sad thing is you are going mess up that pretty paint job when you replace your pads when you take out the pins or have to bleed them. are you gonna spend another $350? If they don't cover it under warranty because you took them apart ?..ridiculous. ..just giving others options so they could save $$.

Last edited:

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
One can of hi temp primer(spray can ) ..one can of color, (spray can )one can of clear(spray can) ..not that much money most like $100 and its plenty of paint to do all for corners .if you know how to paint ..and yes I did read your post ..sorry if you got triggered and G2 is not a option also hi temp clear and primer is not really needed unless you track and auto cross alot . ..you don't have to justify the over priced paint job ...sad thing is you are going mess up that pretty paint job when you replace your pads when you take out the pins or have to bleed them. are you gonna spend another $350? If they don't cover it under warranty because you took them apart ?..ridiculous. ..just giving others options so they could save $$.
Value is a matter of perspective, I guess. They did 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of clear, like the bodywork. Saying 1 coat of high-temp paint is not needed on 6 piston Brembos is hilarious if you want the job to last longer than a year. Also, I have a 3 year warranty with the paint job so if anything significant happens, I'll be covered there. Anything else is speculation and conjecture. Have fun with your easily scratchable thin coat of paint. The post is SPECIFICALLY on getting his calipers painted by a shop and cost estimate. Someone said $800, why don't you go bother them? Also, I'd have to sorta care about your post to get triggered about it, tbh. Coffee time...

OP
OP
ejm4

ejm4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 5.0
Was your quote including labor for removing the calipers from the car, painting them, and re-installing them? I pulled mine off and had them powder coated, cost me $350. I did the G2 paint first, and didn’t like the results. Search caliper paint in the forums if you’re considering the G2, some people have had great results, others not so great.

Yes, the $800 included labor to remove them from the car.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Why remove the caliper, thinking the removal being spoken about. Refers to removing the brake line, putting it on the bench.

BTW that would command and be justified, big $$$$$.

@ the OP doing it that way will require pad removal, brake lines bled, to mention a few steps of the process. Not 800 bucks, but folks pay a load of $$$$ for cosmetics and plastic surgery.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I used G2 and have had two trackdays with them so far. Had the wheels of some weeks ago to install rokblokz mudguards and so I had a good look and clean of the calipers too. Only been three months, but so far, looking as they did when I painted them.

I wouldn't try to paint anything else on the car myself, but for the calipers, I'm reasonably pleased with the result, though others here may not have been. Except for one caliper, where on the last coat my lack of experience with painting made me continue applying the paint when the can was almost empty, leading to some smearing.

Had I had a bit of previous experience with painting, I would have stopped before that last coat when the can was starting to run empty, but it's still not visible unless I bend down and try to look inside the wheel though. From a normal distance, they all look fine.

I custom ordered velocity blue colour, but in retrospect, I should have just ordered the half-price regular blue colour. Under the wheel, and due to all the other differences (not sprayed, I did not use any primer, I'm amateur, whatever else), I can't really tell it's the same colour as the rest of the car or just a similar colour.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't try to paint anything else on the car myself, but for the calipers, I'm reasonably pleased with the result, though others here may not have been. Except for one caliper, where on the last coat my lack of experience with painting made me continue applying the paint when the can was almost empty, leading to some smearing.
I agree, sure as he'll is not a piece to be seen as the body is. Powder is even more nuts, knowing the caliper it stripped to the casting, The reassembly of a powdered part is its own nightmare if not done by a real pro.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
What should I expect to pay to pay to have the calipers painted?
G2 caliper paint. Best Bang for the Buck. Think I paid like $60-$70? Couldn't drive the car for a day or so. But just a fun, tideous, DIY project.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Value is a matter of perspective, I guess. They did 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of clear, like the bodywork. Saying 1 coat of high-temp paint is not needed on 6 piston Brembos is hilarious if you want the job to last longer than a year. Also, I have a 3 year warranty with the paint job so if anything significant happens, I'll be covered there. Anything else is speculation and conjecture. Have fun with your easily scratchable thin coat of paint. The post is SPECIFICALLY on getting his calipers painted by a shop and cost estimate. Someone said $800, why don't you go bother them? Also, I'd have to sorta care about your post to get triggered about it, tbh. Coffee time...
My paints been holding great for years and daily my car ..as well as my G2 paint .I'm confident In my abilities to do the work myself and save money ..no issues what so ever .Enjoy your coffee while you admire thoes fake rear brembo on your GT 500 .

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My paints been holding great for years and daily my car ..as well as my G2 paint .I'm confident In my abilities to do the work myself and save money ..no issues what so ever .Enjoy your coffee while you admire thoes fake rear brembo on your GT 500 .
LOL! Bro you've modded out your car as well. There's nothing on mine that says GT500 and we can debate the rear calipers and the fact that it's a Brembo car all day long. I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make here, other than sounding like a G2 spokesperson, but I answered homeboy's question, gave him my personal insight into my experience with G2 (as you did), and you went off like a toddler.

If you want to take some more personal digs at my car, go ahead. Sounds very petty and pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Does look like a cover, pin & bleeder, shouts cover ... LMAO

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
LOL! Bro you've modded out your car as well. There's nothing on mine that says GT500 and we can debate the rear calipers and the fact that it's a Brembo car all day long. I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make here, other than sounding like a G2 spokesperson, but I answered homeboy's question, gave him my personal insight into my experience with G2 (as you did), and you went off like a toddler.

If you want to take some more personal digs at my car, go ahead. Sounds very petty and pretty pathetic if you ask me.
I'm sure ther are

Pathetic ?? Switch to decaf. Your mustang does not have rear brembos. Period!! Your just a "fan boy"..its fine whatever you like , you'll be alright lol As for for G2 sorry you had bad results and did not pick the proper time or weather for best results or follow directions..Im sure there are 100s of people in your weather climate zone that have had perfect results. Even without G2 ..A decent or excellent paint job for CHEAP can be done, and does not only come from Ford witch YOU claimed, thats at a fraction for what you paid , Out of the can and will last .as I proved already. Not a personal
dig, Your gt 500 style bumper does look good though! As well with the rest of your mustang mods. im sure the paint shop loves your business... Peace

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Thinking of doing mine pink with Corvette sticker.
Not sure how the pink would hold up.