SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
meaning turning the modes off, not creating new modes

either the way it is from the factory, or all normal mode

I gotcha.

Still would be cool to change tunes via modes. I know it ain't possible (at least yet anyway) but that could be a lot of fun. Reminiscent of the switch on the quarterhorse in my efi a9l Shelby replica. Flip of the switch and nitrous tune is operating. But, to say ecu operation has changed since then would be a mild understatement.

swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
So I've been fighting the low speed bogs and just put the stock air box back in and flashed the steeda tune again. Its now a tire frying machine! 1,2,3...sideways down the road. Had the k&n on it which would 1,2,3..bog. Before that was the steeda CAI which would hookup threw the middle of second. Worst was the steeda without insert, most of the time I couldn't even burnout in 1st. I went 12.90s [MENTION=17112]10[/MENTION]9 insert out and crapping out off the line. Went 12.73 @ 110.76+ with the insert in slightly crapping. All the CAI are a joke unless you have a custom tune, manual or stall converter. Everything depends on the MAF and the relation to how far away they put it or how large of a tube is used. Stock is 85mm, k&n threw a dart and decided 92mm would work on a stock tune..wrong! Steeda came close with 88mm but the tube is to large and kills low end on autos. Jlt has lots of issues with dieing at an idle 110mm. Notice how many are being sold used. Sorry for the rant but I'm tired of the sales sharks that are roaming around here. I'm out $1000. Save yourself and do what I said earlier above. If you do cut the cats leave it at Mandel 2 1/4. I went 2 1/2 and that's were I lost the 5lbs of torque below 2k. I hope this info helps people.
I started out with a drop-in K&N and could tell a big difference. just got my steeda tune and I am loving life. this car should come like this from the factory. next mod will be airaid modular intake tube. I like doing one mod at a time so I can see where the most bang is for the buck.HTH

OP
OP

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Sometimes louder engine note equals a faster feel, it's called a placebo effect. The only way a lot of folks are gonna believe a new part truly makes a difference is dyno numbers or some before/after et/mph numbers. On quite a few cars K&N's have proven 0 difference if not a loss on the dyno and excessive oiling can damage Ford MAF sensors. I've read the same thing about quite a few of the "cold air intakes". The ones that do anything require a tune, my bet is the tune is what makes the most difference since the intake is bundled with it. You could always get a custom tune, then get the intake and have the tune revised and see if there is a true difference.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I started out with a drop-in K&N and could tell a big difference. just got my steeda tune and I am loving life. this car should come like this from the factory. next mod will be airaid modular intake tube. I like doing one mod at a time so I can see where the most bang is for the buck.HTH
My thoughts as well. See how the car progresses

Sponsored

JonnyS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ok so let me follow up. I got the Lund tune and it did feel the most aggressive and powerful. Rev's to 7500k before it shifts. I went back to the steeda tune for a better comparison and raced again. This time no cats and all 2.5 inch exhaust into a borla x-pipe resonator. I also put the stock air box back on with an AEM dry filter. Just going back to the stock air box felt better than the k&n cai at low rpms. The AEM filter came last and I didn't notice a thing. The 60fts still suck but I think I've finally discovered the launch secret. I will race this combo again In a couple of weeks but with a full tank of gas. I believe I can get the 60fts down to a 1.92-1.96 which should shave a 10th off, 12.45ish. If I can race again in Oct I will try some better gas along with the Lund tune and maybe...12.30 range. I'll leave the light weight pro star wheels/drag radials for next year. I'm the right side of the time slip.
IMG_20150920_131108_482.jpg

JonnyS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Another curious thing I noticed after the exhaust changes. The car reacts slower now. My reaction times are usually .150-.200 when I race. This time every pass was a .300 average. I had to hit the light at the very beginning of the 3rd yellow.

OP
OP

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Just saw someone make runs with a CAI and then back to stock intake with a tune. Went quicker with stock intake. Looks like I'm sticking with tune and exhaust mods. Haven't seen anyone talk about VMP tuning yet.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
and we've ran quicker with an intake, a properly optimized tune, by say lund that we offer, is going to be worlds above a canned sct or diablo tune...

Linn@AmazonTuning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
All tuned by Rick Erdman@ ATS.
NMRA Atlanta

Just saying. There are more good options for your tuning needs than just the few always mentioned. Rick Erdman has been developing his tuning files since October 2014 when we bought our 2015 GT right off the truck. It was the very first one that dealership got in.

Rick has been working with it first with a Procharger D1 and now currently with a VMP TVS.
He has been finding all the weak links of high HP by racing NMRA this season.

Rick has been working via email since the late 90s and doing remote tuning for many years. He was actually one of the very first tuners to offer it to his customers for whom coming to the shop for a dyno tune was not an option.
10985863_987238024622231_2035478894426735637_n.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Hopefully some of his people chime in and give some real world results. Unfortunately, we all tend to go to a forum on the net to get info, and you tend to go with someone whom you've heard tons of good results. I also know there are a lot of nutswingers and there probably are some fantastic tuners that folks don't talk about. Quite a few people just go somewhere, get what they need, and tell no one. They're just not internet talkers, if you will.

Linn@AmazonTuning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hopefully some of his people chime in and give some real world results. Unfortunately, we all tend to go to a forum on the net to get info, and you tend to go with someone whom you've heard tons of good results. I also know there are a lot of nutswingers and there probably are some fantastic tuners that folks don't talk about. Quite a few people just go somewhere, get what they need, and tell no one. They're just not internet talkers, if you will.
Unfortunately that is true. And many really great tuners get ignored. Nor is there any guarantee that a highly recommended tuner will be the correct fit for you and you will have a positive experience with him.

OP
OP

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Very true. Mine would be pretty "simple" as it will be stock with minor exhaust mods. I may get an Airaid tube just to clean up the look and be rid of the sound tube.

Linn@AmazonTuning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You have to build a good foundation for any future mods and exhaust mods are a good place to start. Even with that you can benefit with a custom tune.
We have always bought each new platform when they come out. 03 Cobra,05 GT,2011 GT, 2015 GT to use to develop Ricks's tuning files. Dyno,street and track developed and tested.

OP
OP

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Oh, I know I would benefit from a tune, I was just pointing out there won't be FI or other complex variables to tune for.
Sponsored