Sponsored

AED, Lund, or Steeda email tune?

JonnyS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
K&N 63-2590 their are a few. Like the one you heard advertised without needing a tune...steeda.
Sponsored

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I started off with a different company than Lund, then I hooked up with Beefcake and switched to Lund, I picked over half a second in the 1/4. I just traveled over 3,500 miles on a racing vacation, pulling a trailer at 75 mph a/c on, 4K stall converter, 3.73s and got 22+ mpg and ran 11s at each of these tracks in the middle of Aug., Joliet Illinois, West Palm Beach Florida and back north to Norwalk Ohio and I'm N/A. Now I can't wait to get my Ngage in my car to get the full effect of Lund. I just posted pics of my trip in the Dragstrip section of this site. The key thing is to be honest with what you're doing with the car when speaking with a tuner. Knowing how far you're willing to push your car helps the tuner.
Kentucky 1.jpg
11.83.jpg
MOROSO 3.jpg
True Street 7.jpg

JonnyS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice job! I'm impressed. I was going to try lund next. How do you like the stall? Ive loved them in my Capri&bronco but not sure on the mustang as a daily driver.

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice job! I'm impressed. I was going to try lund next. How do you like the stall? Ive loved them in my Capri&bronco but not sure on the mustang as a daily driver.
Circle D converters are the best, and when Lund tunes your lockup it's even better. Now I've driven C4s with high stalls and it's nothing like that. Most of the time I manually sift until 3 rd gear it's instant lockup. But if you leave it in drive stalls through 1st and 2nd. Now at the track at WOT it stalls in 1st, less in 2nd and not at all in 3rd.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Why is that? Because of the fallout from another board?
The fallout and no HP tuner. I used him before. Lund has been way easier to work with and very knowledgeable on the 15.

Sponsored

JonnyS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good info thanks! Old school converters above 3500k became unstreetable but these electronics are slick. I'll call lund tomorrow and see how much he can loosen up the stock converter and maybe throw the small tube k&n back on and get it custom tuned.

OP
OP

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
You auto guys make me sick. I just made my 3-4 worst passes ever at a dragstrip. Stock shifter blows ass. When I didnt spin and wheel hop, I couldn't get it into 3rd or 4th. I was warned about it on svt. Glad I pulled my MGW out of my 14. Looks like my next mods are putting that shifter in, a resonator delete either h or x style, steeda or bmr irs bushings and diff bushings, and custom tune.

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I've been fighting the low speed bogs and just put the stock air box back in and flashed the steeda tune again. Its now a tire frying machine! 1,2,3...sideways down the road. Had the k&n on it which would 1,2,3..bog. Before that was the steeda CAI which would hookup threw the middle of second. Worst was the steeda without insert, most of the time I couldn't even burnout in 1st. I went 12.90s [MENTION=17112]10[/MENTION]9 insert out and crapping out off the line. Went 12.73 @ 110.76+ with the insert in slightly crapping. All the CAI are a joke unless you have a custom tune, manual or stall converter. Everything depends on the MAF and the relation to how far away they put it or how large of a tube is used. Stock is 85mm, k&n threw a dart and decided 92mm would work on a stock tune..wrong! Steeda came close with 88mm but the tube is to large and kills low end on autos. Jlt has lots of issues with dieing at an idle 110mm. Notice how many are being sold used. Sorry for the rant but I'm tired of the sales sharks that are roaming around here. I'm out $1000. Save yourself and do what I said earlier above. If you do cut the cats leave it at Mandel 2 1/4. I went 2 1/2 and that's were I lost the 5lbs of torque below 2k. I hope this info helps people.
So you are saying Steeda tune with stock airbox gave you the best results?

JonnyS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As of today yes. Best drivability and mid range power. The k&n cai might have had a little more top end. I just got off the phone with beefcake and I'm going to order a lund tune in a few minutes. I'm thinking/hoping he can free up the converter a little and datalog the small tube k&n. The k&n cai would be the next size up from the stock air box. My gut says with some fine tuning the k&n cai would be the biggest induction you could use for a stock converter auto car. Yes its a bold claim.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a silly question, I don't plan on going to the drag strip but I do about 20 track days a year. Would a tune help? I see everyone talking about 1/4 mile pros and cons, but does anyone autocross or track day their car have an input on tunes and which ones?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I have a silly question, I don't plan on going to the drag strip but I do about 20 track days a year. Would a tune help? I see everyone talking about 1/4 mile pros and cons, but does anyone autocross or track day their car have an input on tunes and which ones?
would help for sure IMO

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I would say the tune is beneficial for all types of driving. Throttle response, fan settings, rev limiter and tq management are all things which get addressed with an aftermarket tune.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with! :cheers:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
tune enhances the reg mode, the driving switch modes affect the car the same way they always did, rev matching, etc...

none of that changes, unless you want it too

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
tune enhances the reg mode, the driving switch modes affect the car the same way they always did, rev matching, etc...

none of that changes, unless you want it too

Unless I want it to? What can you make different in the modes?

Wouldn't it be nice to change the mode so, for instance, when you went to snow/wet mode, it would go to cam lope tune? Wow. Lol
Sponsored