Sponsored

Email tune or Dyno?

Xavier208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 400a
I've been looking into tuning my car and I really want a PBD tune but I'm in California so should I get an email tune and find someone with a dyno to data log for me and send it to them? Is that even possible? (If possible this would most likely be the route I take)

Or should I go with a dyno tune from AED tuning in Cameron Park ... heard they do good work?

Thanks for any advice in advance!
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
You will be fine with a tune from PBD as long as you tell them exactly what you done to your car. Majority of people get online tunes and send their data log to make sure everything is okay. A dyno session could cost you more money as your car is having an actual person do the dyno test

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Also there are many youtubers that use PBD as their tuner Rush Shift is one of them. He actually just got his E85 tune.

Last edited:

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I went with AED email tune and then confirmed everything was good at a local tuner's dyno.

You can data log yourself if your want to, but I just went to a guy I trust to make sure everything was dialed in right.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Ghetto tint, loud raspy sound, popping in between shifts...good to be a whipper snapper.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
My tuning has been through AED remotely and has been great working with Shaun. If I had the opportunity to get it done locally with him I would have. That said you also can't go wrong remotely with PBD or Lund.

Last edited:

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Dyno what ever tune you get and get the rpm peak power.Reason for this my tune on my stock 18 pp1 was shifting at 7800rpm which slowed the car down in the quarter mile.My peak power was 433 at 7000 rpm,no need to shift that high at 7800.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
if you can make it to AED for a dyno tune then you are best off doing that. Shaun is arguably the best tuner in the country and having your car on the rollers is safer since he can see what's going on with your car in person. Every car is going to have their own quirks.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
if you can make it to AED for a dyno tune then you are best off doing that. Shaun is arguably the best tuner in the country and having your car on the rollers is safer since he can see what's going on with your car in person. Every car is going to have their own quirks.
This. I may have understated how much I would have liked to dyno tune with him in person.

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
This. I may have understated how much I would have liked to dyno tune with him in person.
It's like eating in a restaurant vs. getting their food delivered. It's always gonna be better in person

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
OP get the PBD tune. My has been great and a best of 10.83@130 N/A.

Should go 10.70s or better when the weather cools.

Trev is the man on the N/A side.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
OP get the PBD tune. My has been great and a best of 10.83@130 N/A.

Should go 10.70s or better when the weather cools.

Trev is the man on the N/A side.
That's pretty solid NA. Dyno #s and mods?

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I've been looking into tuning my car and I really want a PBD tune but I'm in California so should I get an email tune and find someone with a dyno to data log for me and send it to them? Is that even possible? (If possible this would most likely be the route I take)

Or should I go with a dyno tune from AED tuning in Cameron Park ... heard they do good work?

Thanks for any advice in advance!
We can get you taken care of on the Palm Beach Dyno tune you are looking for. The tune quality is the same as getting a dyno tune it's just data-logged by yourself. Please shoot me a message or give us a call if you have any more questions. https://www.lethalperformance.com/p...d-custom-tuning-for-2018-2019-mustang-gt.html
Sponsored