Sponsored

advise needed on Ford Performance Power Pack 2

S550IngotGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 6 Speed 3.55s Red Leather
I am considering the PP2 for my 2016 GT MT with 3.55s. Does anyone with PP2 or PP3 notice the open air filter getting wet from rain water or when washing the car? I daily drive my car so don't want to have problems with that. I've done some research and found that some water can get in from the hood vent directly above the filter. There are companies that make pre filters that are water resistant to help with this problem. Thanks.
Sponsored

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I am considering the PP2 for my 2016 GT MT with 3.55s. Does anyone with PP2 or PP3 notice the open air filter getting wet from rain water or when washing the car? I daily drive my car so don't want to have problems with that. I've done some research and found that some water can get in from the hood vent directly above the filter. There are companies that make pre filters that are water resistant to help with this problem. Thanks.
Not at all. This is a non issue, not sure who started it. I daily mine and wash it regularly.

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not at all. This is a non issue, not sure who started it. I daily mine and wash it regularly.
Agreed, also no issues with water and mine is also a daily. I've checked the filter after hand washing and also after running it through a car wash, no issues.

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
with all this information regarding the stage 2 i went ahead and ordered mines. i hope i do not have any problems after installation. i have heard numerous problems, be it small ones.

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
should i expect a temperature increase while in traffic with the stage 2 package?

Sponsored

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the power pack 2 for a year now and haven't noticed any increase in temperature around town. I would definitely recommend this pack. I've got a MT you definitely notice an increase in throttle response and tq down low. Because of this I think is why some people think normal stop and go suffers but I've adjusted to it. Definitely has more pickup and more enjoyable. Plus Ford installed and I retain the vehicle warranty. My dealer even let my buy the pack to save on price and sales tax.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
What did you guys pay to have a dealer install this?

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I've had the power pack 2 for a year now and haven't noticed any increase in temperature around town. I would definitely recommend this pack. I've got a MT you definitely notice an increase in throttle response and tq down low. Because of this I think is why some people think normal stop and go suffers but I've adjusted to it. Definitely has more pickup and more enjoyable. Plus Ford installed and I retain the vehicle warranty. My dealer even let my buy the pack to save on price and sales tax.
After a year have you had any issues with no lift shift? I am not a fan and would like to eliminate any chance of activating it.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer charged me about $270.

No lift shift: I still shift normally. I'm apprehensive of holding the gas down while shifting. I did try it a couple of times with no issues. I actually like it when shifting normally because if you miss letting off the gas before engaging the clutch it doesn't rev the engine.
Sponsored