Sponsored

Ford Performance Power Pack 2 any affect on gas mileage ?

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I’m aware of that. I’m saying the speedo is unchanged when installing pp2 without changing tire setup. During the tune installation the wheel diameter are what it came with stock.
So then explain to rest of us who have the stock 19" rims instead of the stock 18" rims why their speedometer is off....
Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
So then explain to rest of us who have the stock 19" rims instead of the stock 18" rims why their speedometer is off....
It’s only you? The Ford tool shows what’s already written in the pcm or whichever component houses that data.

Lbdyll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Honestly haven't seen really any MPG change since installing. also I didn't have to change anything for the speedometer to read correctly.

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I went from 14.9 to 12.0 mpg I have no idea how some people are getting over 20 mpg :shrug:

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
Honestly haven't seen really any MPG change since installing. also I didn't have to change anything for the speedometer to read correctly.
People are assuming that the speedometer is off when in reality, we are looking at it from an angle when sitting normally in the drivers seat, so it appears off. If you move your head a little to the right, you'll notice it reads a little differently at highway speeds. Mine was less than .5 mph off the cruise control speed and referencing with the gps. This was going from 18" to 19" wheels.

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
Just reset my counter at the stasrt of an 80m mile trip. 23.5. if i drive it around town too, it will drop to 15 or so.
Sponsored