Sponsored

Advice on pricing for a 2019 R

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
I think i might have stumbled on a good deal but was wondering what others thought. Found a 2019 R that has 15k miles that's in the high 60's but can probably be brought down to the mid 60's (it's a private seller). Imo, 15k is a bit high for an R but upon texting with the owner, he said that it was his daily for the first 4 months of owning it.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
15k is nothing unless they are all accumulated on the track. If all the normal used car checks come out OK, there's no real reason to avoid it.

Carfax
Oasis report from dealer
Original owner?
Evidence of track use?

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Did a quick check on Autotrader for GT350Rs, there are a few of them w/ 10k+ mileage, right around mid-to-upper $60k range - seems like about the average going price. How those miles were racked up is what I'd want to know. Are we talking highway miles or track miles? What is the overall condition of the car?

Other things to consider: Can you have the car inspected? Are the maintenance records available in some form? Any of the warranty still good?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Youd know if it was tracked if you put it up on a lift. under the belly pan and the rear diffuser cover will be full of track buggers. That is unless he removed them and cleaned it all up. Another tell tale is paint pits and windscreen pitting. Does the car have PPF?

I know its possible, but I never understood someone buying an R and not tracking it or have any interest in track driving. I chuckle when I read about people installing rear seats.

Sponsored

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Im at 11K miles on my R ... go for it..... with 15K miles on it all ready, you can enjoy it and use it
I think if you can get for 66K to 67K would be very good price- if you pay a little more who cares YOLO

what color?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I know its possible, but I never understood someone buying an R and not tracking it or have any interest in track driving. I chuckle when I read about people installing rear seats.
Agreeded. When I first decided on the GT350 the R is where I thought I wanted to go. Plan was to track it but that probably won’t happen very much if at all.
Man what a fun car!

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Viper GT, 2019 GT350R
I'm in the R market myself and that's basically the type of car I'm looking for, every thousand you can save is perfect, but I'd probably expect it to be around $67,500 and anything under is icing on the cake. If you end up passing up on this do you mind sending it my way :)

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Viper GT, 2019 GT350R
Did a quick check on Autotrader for GT350Rs, there are a few of them w/ 10k+ mileage, right around mid-to-upper $60k range - seems like about the average going price. How those miles were racked up is what I'd want to know. Are we talking highway miles or track miles? What is the overall condition of the car?

Other things to consider: Can you have the car inspected? Are the maintenance records available in some form? Any of the warranty still good?
I only saw 1 19+ for under 70k, unless I'm just stupid which is VERY possible

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Youd know if it was tracked if you put it up on a lift. under the belly pan and the rear diffuser cover will be full of track buggers. That is unless he removed them and cleaned it all up. Another tell tale is paint pits and windscreen pitting. Does the car have PPF?

Oh no you didn't! haha

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Just looked - all Rs 16-20 in the country. 43 listed - but a quick look at the main image for them shows that about 13 of those are not even Rs, just listed that way.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150