Advice on buying 5.0?

sergseven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Alright so I have a shadow black 17 Ecoboost 40k miles on it runs beautiful . (Stage 1 Cobb tune , exhaust, roush intake )
But you know we wanna move to the big leagues. Found a 2020 GT 8k miles performance pack in Rapid Red $42K . Love the car comes with a MBRP exhaust and X Pipe . Sounds MEAN AF! Just interior has calculator screen and it kills me because the car is a beast . But overall wanting to know if 42K is a good deal for the car ? Here are pics of both

3B47C48B-BE2C-49D3-9D61-806F3D69F56F.jpeg

871AA373-83CE-46E2-94CA-C7805E8D4AFE.jpeg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
In this current market $42k is reasonable for a 2020 w/ 8k on it and some minor mods.

If it's at a Ford Dealer ask for an OASIS report to check it for any prior repairs, warranty start date, etc.

You can probably bump them down to $40k if they want to move it.

As for the 4" display screen, that's easy enough to upgrade to the SYNC 8", there's MANY threads in here listing the exact parts and how to for the swap - so that shouldn't be a game changer.

OP
OP
sergseven

sergseven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
In this current market $42k is reasonable for a 2020 w/ 8k on it and some minor mods.

If it's at a Ford Dealer ask for an OASIS report to check it for any prior repairs, warranty start date, etc.

You can probably bump them down to $40k if they want to move it.

As for the 4" display screen, that's easy enough to upgrade to the SYNC 8", there's MANY threads in here listing the exact parts and how to for the swap - so that shouldn't be a game changer.
Would you say itā€™s a better offer than a 22ā€™ custom ordered premium GT but takes 3 more months to get here for $49k ?? Be Patient or pull trigger ?

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
That car new is $46Kish, no negotiating on the price and 3 months at this point is very optimistic. Back in March it was looking like 4-6 months wait and it hasn't gotten any better since. Don't buy new unless you can tolerate the wait and possibly worse. Ask me how I know.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Dynamically and financially the Ecoboost is superior car. This is the machine for ultra masculine male who knows eviro conscious choices are very attractive to potantial mates <30 yr old.

Emotionally GT is superior thanks to V8 exhause note many love but the opcost is double in consumables if really enjoy the V8 plus the tic may get under your skin. The V8 I'd highly offensive to most females <30 though some love it too.

If you can afford it both are ideal haha.

My voice was made when a guy with full load 2020 GT vert told me he prefers the Ecoboost.
Ecoboosts are for ā€œultra masculine malesā€ lmao, what the bloody hell are you talking about? The engine that sounds like itā€™s farting is ultra masculine šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. If ever Iā€™ve heard something only a Prius driver would sayā€¦

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
this is just me:
First, I will never buy a mustang without a v8. if I want a 4 cyclinders with turbo, then I would get a suby sti. I would keep searching for the right one you one or just order and wait. the last thing you want to do is get one that you later regret .

OP
OP
sergseven

sergseven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
this is just me:
First, I will never buy a mustang without a v8. if I want a 4 cyclinders with turbo, then I would get a suby sti. I would keep searching for the right one you one or just order and wait. the last thing you want to do is get one that you later regret .
I ordered a 22ā€™, Ford said 3 months itā€™s been 1 and no update. Iā€™m scared it will take much longer than 3 months and miss out on this beast

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150

šŸ˜ That rapid red is šŸ”„
$42k isn't too bad (these days), relatively low miles. I'd get the maintenance records and maybe look into a Ford ESP for additional peace of mind. Go test drive it, and if you like it go for it.

You can easily upgrade the sync system

OP
OP
sergseven

sergseven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
That car new is $46Kish, no negotiating on the price and 3 months at this point is very optimistic. Back in March it was looking like 4-6 months wait and it hasn't gotten any better since. Don't buy new unless you can tolerate the wait and possibly worse. Ask me how I know.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying I ordered a 22ā€™ Ford said 3 months itā€™s been 1 and no update

Sponsored
OP
OP
sergseven

sergseven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
šŸ˜ That rapid red is šŸ”„
$42k isn't too bad (these days), relatively low miles. I'd get the maintenance records and maybe look into a Ford ESP for additional peace of mind. Go test drive it, and if you like it go for it.
Itā€™s beautiful brother . Full MBRP exhaust I drove it and pulled it . Freaking beast . Just calculator screenā€¦ā€¦.& Only a recall but I know ford fixes free of charge.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Itā€™s beautiful brother . Full MBRP exhaust I drove it and pulled it . Freaking beast . Just calculator screenā€¦ā€¦.& Only a recall but I know ford fixes free of charge.
Updating Sync is pretty easy. I did it in my 19 GT, and swapped it back before I sold it and bought a GT350 last year. Actually I still have the upgrade kit, if you end up looking for one let me know. I was hanging on to it for a member here but due to some unfortunate circumstances he had to pass, so I need to find it a new home

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I ordered a 22ā€™, Ford said 3 months itā€™s been 1 and no update. Iā€™m scared it will take much longer than 3 months and miss out on this beast
yes, unfortunately you will have to wait much more longer, but I think you will be happy in the end.

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
Dynamically and financially the Ecoboost is superior car. This is the machine for ultra masculine male who knows eviro conscious choices are very attractive to potantial mates <30 yr old.

Emotionally GT is superior thanks to V8 exhause note many love but the opcost is double in consumables if really enjoy the V8 plus the tic may get under your skin. The V8 I'd highly offensive to most females <30 though some love it too.

If you can afford it both are ideal haha.

My voice was made when a guy with full load 2020 GT vert told me he prefers the Ecoboost.
Ironic or not this is hilarious šŸ¤£

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Guys who can wear pink shirts in a red neck bar and pull the hottest girls haha
Iā€™ll agree they wear pink shirts, but thatā€™s about itā€¦
Sponsored