Sponsored

Advance trac disable?

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I dont like the function. I forgot its on and it just gets annoying. Whats the point of having it? Learn how to drive LOL. My 92 Notch turbo never had it. Sure, you can get into trouble, but I dont need to nannies.
Go buy an AP1 S2000.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
You know the world has gotten lazy when tapping a button or holding it for a few seconds whenever you get in the car is a problem....

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
You know the world has gotten lazy when tapping a button or holding it for a few seconds whenever you get in the car is a problem....
#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm worried about wearing mine out lol. Also hate holding it for 8 seconds or however long it actually is to fully disable the advance trac.

Tws777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The advance trac is annoying you because the tires are breaking loose and causing it to kick in. Some better and/or wider tires may resolve a lot of this. Of course, I still have issues off the line with 285 nitto invos and mild mods. My biggest gripe is the 1-2 shift causing the nannies to kick in and bog the car down. I am going to try 305s next and hope that helps.

Sooty M.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP - Guard W/Black OTTS
Remember that there are two control modes available to you. Traction Control prevents wheel spin. If all you want to do is lay 11s then momentarily press the switch to disable Traction Control.
Stability Control prevents vehicle rotation when the wheels begin to spin. Disabling Stability Control requires holding down the switch for 5+ seconds.
But really, dont disable Stability Control on the street. We have a bad enough rep as it is.

TXAG01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT A6
This is no joke guys. I'll just say that I learned from experience that you don't turn the stability control off. Just don't. I got very lucky with the circumstances but trust me on this one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Remember that there are two control modes available to you. Traction Control prevents wheel spin. If all you want to do is lay 11s then momentarily press the switch to disable Traction Control.
Stability Control prevents vehicle rotation when the wheels begin to spin. Disabling Stability Control requires holding down the switch for 5+ seconds.
But really, dont disable Stability Control on the street. We have a bad enough rep as it is.
This would be fine, but doesnt the stability control come into play if you get even slightly off kilter? If you are shredding tires and the back end wiggles even a tad to one side, does the stability control reduce spin on the side that is coming off center? Im only talking here about a straight line burnout. Doing a fishtail burnout in a turn is just asking for trouble.

TXAG01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT A6
This would be fine, but doesnt the stability control come into play if you get even slightly off kilter? If you are shredding tires and the back end wiggles even a tad to one side, does the stability control reduce spin on the side that is coming off center? Im only talking here about a straight line burnout. Doing a fishtail burnout in a turn is just asking for trouble.
With traction control off, stability control shouldn't kick in at all on a straight burn out unless you start getting sideways. A little kick out, no, but anything more than say 5-10 degrees then yes. And be glad it does.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
traction control off, and in sport or track mode should limit the stability control until it really gets sideways. track mode has the least limiting over sport even, but will still take over if way sideways.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
if you can't drive your car with advantrac off.. you shouldn't be driving it. god forbid you drove something without nannies..
just saying!!!

that being said... I drive with it off and on. never felt unsafe driving normal with it off, and typically leave it on in torrential downpour..

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
if you can't drive your car with advantrac off.. you shouldn't be driving it. god forbid you drove something without nannies..
just saying!!!

that being said... I drive with it off and on. never felt unsafe driving normal with it off, and typically leave it on in torrential downpour..
Be careful..... its talk like this that gets people upset on this forum. I (by the way) agree %100 with you:D
Sponsored