04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Hi All,

Ive been having some ... issue with my GT related to a bad launch. I got the car back after the dealer installed a new clutch. and drove it home and a few other times. Because of a random missfire i decided to flash my stock tune to the car. The Advancetrack warning came on before the flash started (but while the ngauge was communicating). After the stock tune was flashed i started the car and had a slew of advance trac warnings. I turned off the car and started it again and they were gone. They havent come back.

Considering i destroyed my clutch, I want to give myself some piece of mind that this was just a flash related error.
Can anyone confirm?
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Considering i destroyed my clutch, I want to give myself some piece of mind that this was just a flash related error.
Can anyone confirm?
Happens sometimes. Not an error I don't think. Mine did the same once, service advancetrac or something. Shut it off, restarted all was good.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
During an ecu flash/ write the rest of the modules lose connection to it and start throwing errors. One of the last steps after a flash is for the scanner to clear those codes. There are two sides of the can system, HS/MS and most flash tools can only access the HS side. Modules on the MS side will still keep codes and errors but usually resolve displayed errors once communication is restored. There are usually 3 times the number of modules on the MS side than the HS side. Both sides can be cleared/read by forscan or dealer. If you get a steering system failure you will have to use forscan or dealer to clear. That one sucks.

Be mindful of battery voltage when flashing. I get more issues the closer to 12v and with out a charger.

Miss fires after a clutch usually indicates a crank relearn is needed. Ngauge should give you that option

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Is the crank re-learn anything that could impact my warranty?

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Nope and tbh it's something that should be part of the clutch job. If you can't get it resolved I'd bring it back to the dealer

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Nope and tbh it's something that should be part of the clutch job. If you can't get it resolved I'd bring it back to the dealer
Should be noted that the missfire is not constant. It missfires IF: I hold the car around 3k rpm for a while light to not throttle. Then the light flashes and if i shift into a higher gear around 2k it missfires. I am just going to let the dealer take care of it.
Sponsored