Sponsored

Active Exhaust Enable/Disable Switch - Leave in Track Mode

SOAD40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
No luck from my end. I tried swapping around the fuse and also swapping the red and white wires and i could not get it to work.
I even tried connect the black to ground and disconnecting the black to ground.

Are you able to send me a photo of your wiring?
Yeah I'll take a couple pics for ya on Monday when I'm off work!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
T123456

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
I know this post is over a year old, but I've been trying to figure out a way to do this, so thank you for your post!

Would the process be similar if I wanted a physical switch mounted somewhere inside, rather than a wireless remote? Im assuming the main difference would be running wire all the way through to the cabin?
Sorry haven’t got notifications til now. Yes a switch would work the same. The wireless remote I used is an on/off switch, just remote.

OP
OP
T123456

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
No luck from my end. I tried swapping around the fuse and also swapping the red and white wires and i could not get it to work.
I even tried connect the black to ground and disconnecting the black to ground.

Are you able to send me a photo of your wiring?

Also, i managed to get my fuse holder fit snug. All i did was slightly file black plastic around the fuse. See photo.

2022-06-04 08.55.53.jpg
My guess is you have the fuse extender in backwards. Keep in mind one side of the original fuse is 12v, the other goes to the accessory. So if you have it backwards it’s not getting any power. This part is key.
Trying to do this from memory but you need to cut the wire on the fuse extender on the accessory side. Use your volt meter to see which side of the original fuse holder (where you removed the fuse from) is giving the 12v. That side should have the wire completely in tact and going to the new fuse holder (so you have a fused connection). After the new fuse is now where you would cut the wire. The red wire would get connected to the wire you cut coming the from the new fuse, the white would go to the lower half of that wire that is going back to the fuse panel to control the active exhaust, and the black wire would be wired to a ground.
Also, Make sure your ground wire is actually connected to a ground by connecting a 12v meter from the battery positive to where you’re connecting the ground and make sure you read 12+ Volts.

Last edited:

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
My guess is you have the fuse extender in backwards. Keep in mind one side of the original fuse is 12v, the other goes to the accessory. So if you have it backwards it’s not getting any power. This part is key.
Trying to do this from memory but you need to cut the wire on the fuse extender on the accessory side. Use your volt meter to see which side of the original fuse holder (where you removed the fuse from) is giving the 12v. That side should have the wire completely in tact and going to the new fuse holder (so you have a fused connection). After the new fuse is now where you would cut the wire. The red wire would get connected to the wire you cut coming the from the new fuse, the white would go to the lower half of that wire that is going back to the fuse panel to control the active exhaust, and the black wire would be wired to a ground.
Also, Make sure your ground wire is actually connected to a ground by connecting a 12v meter from the battery positive to where you’re connecting the ground and make sure you read 12+ Volts.
It works.

thanks for your patience and help T123456

I used the meter and quickly found the ground i was using was the issue. I was using those 3 ground wires (at least i thought they were ground) from the side of the fuse box.

Thanks again.

Sponsored

SOAD40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
It works.

thanks for your patience and help T123456

I used the meter and quickly found the ground i was using was the issue. I was using those 3 ground wires (at least i thought they were ground) from the side of the fuse box.

Thanks again.
Ahhh sorry I was too late with the pics! But at least you got it sorted!

s550jr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang gt
Hi, new to this thread. Using this setup will it give the notice on the dash that the active exhaust is not functioning like when disconnecting the harness from the exhaust actuators, or is there no pop up at all on the dash?

OP
OP
T123456

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Hi, new to this thread. Using this setup will it give the notice on the dash that the active exhaust is not functioning like when disconnecting the harness from the exhaust actuators, or is there no pop up at all on the dash?
yes it gives a message when you disable it, but you just hit ok. When you enable the actuators again, it allows you to change modes.

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
yes it gives a message when you disable it, but you just hit ok. When you enable the actuators again, it allows you to change modes.
I don't get to see the active exhaust notice. This is behind the seatbelt notice. The seatbelt notice remains on the screen for around 45sec, well after the active exhaust notice in the background has disappeared.

OP
OP
T123456

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I don't get to see the active exhaust notice. This is behind the seatbelt notice. The seatbelt notice remains on the screen for around 45sec, well after the active exhaust notice in the background has disappeared.
Haha. Seatbelt notice can be disabled

Sponsored

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
Haha. Seatbelt notice can be disabled
Yeah, I had a look at disabling this notice. But it would not work. I think i managed to remove the chime, but not the notice being displayed.

There are a number of differences with the Australian version where our government has screwed around with the standard features of the Mustang. For example, Line Lock has been disabled. I suspect they did something here as well.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
I did pull the fus and drove a bit like that. Honestly it sounded more flat like this. The dynamic nature of the active exhaust was audibly missing.

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
I did pull the fus and drove a bit like that. Honestly it sounded more flat like this. The dynamic nature of the active exhaust was audibly missing.
I know what you mean. If driving in normal mode with exhaust fully open then there is that flat tone, with some cabin drone.

I suspect you have yours on Track mode. When you just pull the fuse, it (the exhaust valve) will default to Track mode (fully open) and this is a terrible loud noise.

To minimise this, you need to set the exhaust at Sports + and make sure when you pull the fuse it (the exhaust valve) has remained in Sports+. This is a better driving experience.
Sponsored