Sponsored

ADM Hell! Ford!!!!

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
That is not supply and demand that is thievery.
Dramatic.

What you describe is actually is the definition of supply and demand. I've had a car stolen, THAT is thievery.

Shiny new cars are luxury items.

Never fear, after the cars sit on the lot for a while the ADM will come off. Just wait 6 months.
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
For your amusement only (apologies for going OT):

Many years ago when the Corvette Z06 came out (2001, I believe) I was at the Chevy dealer (probably getting my truck fixed, again) and they had a yellow one out front. It was around $62K IIRC, with a $25K ADM on it. I chuckled, because really, that's ridiculous.

A couple of years later I bought one (heck, it could have been the same car) at the Audi dealer, used, yellow Z06, with only about 2K miles on it, for I believe $42K. Whoever bought that one new, especially if they paid any of that ADM, got screwed. Of course, I got screwed on it too, thanks to GM slashing prices and giving huge rebates when sales tanked a couple of year later.

At some other point, I was at the Pontiac/GMC/Caddy dealer looking at the GTO, which I didn't buy because a) the wife hated it and b) it looked horrible with no trunk and c) wasn't all that. So the sales guy tries to upsell me on the CTS-V, which had recently come out. I looked at it, and after seeing the $20K ADM and probably because I was tired and didn't want to deal with those guys, I just started cussing him out, asking him where in the world he (they) had the audacity to charge such an outrageous premium on what was already an expensive car, and how they were just out to screw people and maximize their profits. I may have used the term "greedy" followed by a word starting with "f" and ending in "kers". I don't swear any more. But lowdy, lowdy, I sure did back then.

So, yeah guys, go ahead and maximize your profits now, while you can. We'll remember.

Of course, the only real way to fight this is to simply not pay it. Go buy something else.

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
For your amusement only (apologies for going OT):

Many years ago when the Corvette Z06 came out (2001, I believe) I was at the Chevy dealer (probably getting my truck fixed, again) and they had a yellow one out front. It was around $62K IIRC, with a $25K ADM on it. I chuckled, because really, that's ridiculous.

A couple of years later I bought one (heck, it could have been the same car) at the Audi dealer, used, yellow Z06, with only about 2K miles on it, for I believe $42K. Whoever bought that one new, especially if they paid any of that ADM, got screwed. Of course, I got screwed on it too, thanks to GM slashing prices and giving huge rebates when sales tanked a couple of year later.

At some other point, I was at the Pontiac/GMC/Caddy dealer looking at the GTO, which I didn't buy because a) the wife hated it and b) it looked horrible with no trunk and c) wasn't all that. So the sales guy tries to upsell me on the CTS-V, which had recently come out. I looked at it, and after seeing the $20K ADM and probably because I was tired and didn't want to deal with those guys, I just started cussing him out, asking him where in the world he (they) had the audacity to charge such an outrageous premium on what was already an expensive car, and how they were just out to screw people and maximize their profits. I may have used the term "greedy" followed by a word starting with "f" and ending in "kers". I don't swear any more. But lowdy, lowdy, I sure did back then.

So, yeah guys, go ahead and maximize your profits now, while you can. We'll remember.

Of course, the only real way to fight this is to simply not pay it. Go buy something else.
Hello Bimmer, if you could please NOT talk sensibly in this thread about how much to not pay ADM we'd appreciate it

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
so what do you folks think is acceptable for ADM? if someone wants to limit the time it takes to get a 500 it is almost impossible to NOT pay it. talking about a base model car that is 80-85k MSRP. at 10k that is 100k Mustang...ouch.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
so what do you folks think is acceptable for ADM? if someone wants to limit the time it takes to get a 500 it is almost impossible to NOT pay it. talking about a base model car that is 80-85k MSRP. at 10k that is 100k Mustang...ouch.
I would say 5% but not over 10 but really, once you dip your toe in those waters, you might as well go swimming.

A soulless purist would say "what else can you buy for 100g and does the Mustang have more WINs in the evaluation matrix"

Venom52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 CFTP, 23 Durango SRT 392
Depends on how bad you want it. In all fairness most people have paid an ADM anything over 10k is bit much to me but to some it's nothing

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
i just dont see this 500 ever being worth more than 100k. there is nothing really unique or special about it AT this time. sure if these are the last V8s ever made, mabye. IDK.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
i just dont see this 500 ever being worth more than 100k. there is nothing really unique or special about it AT this time. sure if these are the last V8s ever made, mabye. IDK.
Ever driven one? Feels pretty damn special to me.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
It’s what you can afford, the ADM haters are trying to make it a morality issue. It’s purely business, it’s what you can afford and what you feel comfortable paying.

If a guy wants to pay 10k more power to him

Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
It’s what you can afford, the ADM haters are trying to make it a morality issue. It’s purely business, it’s what you can afford and what you feel comfortable paying.

If a guy wants to pay 10k more power to him
Exactly. Best description I’ve read yet.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
It's really sad when the dealer markup is more than I paid for my car!

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
yeah, i guess i am saying i dont want it that bad. lol. appreciate the feedback.
Ever driven one? Feels pretty damn special to me.
nope, just a 2019 700 HP GT with A10, PP and Magna Ride. fast AF, but meh. i get this comes down to my choice and what i can afford.

i can afford it, but part of me wants to get back into a 2019+ 350. im just spit balling things here. :)

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Exorbitant ADM's are similar to watching cable news, right or left, its all about the shock value
and gaining as much attention as possible. The guys that get red in the face over crazy ADM's
are just getting sucked into the hype. GT500's can be found at reasonable prices even MSRP if you get lucky. I have a 2022 base heritage on order with some whistles and bells at what I would say is a fair ADM, if orders slack like they are predicting it might actually be a little collectable.
Sponsored