Sponsored

Adding Sub 2019 9 Speaker ?

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hello, so were going to add a Sub, Sub already purchased, not looking for Hip Hop or Rap Bass,. just some quality Bass

Went with the Focal Powered Sub,

My question, is the wiring already there ? After some searchs on here, it seems some are saying in the GT Premium with Active Exhaust the Sub Wiring is in place, if this is true does anyone know where it is located.

If there is no wiring and that was false hope, does anyone know if the head unit has a Sub out ? or are you stuck with a high low adapter kind of set up.

Any info is much appreciated, Flaps
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
I'll snap a photo of my install in a few days l, I paid a shop to do it.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

Killerbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Shadow Black
+1 more for the LC2i. Additionally, I tapped my rear deck speakers by soldering into the terminals from the trunk. It took me all of about 5 minutes to have the speaker wire set up.

Sponsored

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Hello, so were going to add a Sub, Sub already purchased, not looking for Hip Hop or Rap Bass,. just some quality Bass

My question, is the wiring already there ? After some searchs on here, it seems some are saying in the GT Premium with Active Exhaust the Sub Wiring is in place, if this is true does anyone know where it is located.

If there is no wiring and that was false hope, does anyone know if the head unit has a Sub out ? or are you stuck with a high low adapter kind of set up.

I self installed a Punch 12 powered sub. Came with everything I needed (cables, etc) except the Low Level output, which was less that $20. It gives more bass that I need, so I am very happy for $240 total.
https://www.ebay.com/p/Rockford-Fosgate-P300-12-Subwoofer-Black/165986374

Use the rear seat bolt for the ground, connect line output to rear speakers, power to battery through the passenger side front wheel well. Pretty easy install for an amazing upgrade.
I am leaving everything else, AV wise, stock

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
I self installed a Punch 12 powered sub. Came with everything I needed (cables, etc) except the Low Level output, which was less that $20. It gives more bass that I need, so I am very happy for $240 total.
https://www.ebay.com/p/Rockford-Fosgate-P300-12-Subwoofer-Black/165986374

Use the rear seat bolt for the ground, connect line output to rear speakers, power to battery through the passenger side front wheel well. Pretty easy install for an amazing upgrade.
I am leaving everything else, AV wise, stock
an you tell me what + where you got the low level output box.

Killerbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too have the p300-12. It is way more than I needed. However, i first used the high level speaker inputs to the p300 and it sounded okay at lower level volume (8-15) but anything higher it just started to lag or what i think is called roll off. With the lc2i, it completely fixed that problem and does it so well that at 2 on the volume bass "can" be really loud. You just have to set it to where you are comfortable. This is why I wouldn't use a cheap line out converter or high level inputs.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer

Did you get the 8" focal band-pass box from crutcheifield? I installed it (later removed it for a separate amp/sub setup), it does have line inputs (same with my amp) so no input converter needed. i ran it off the rear speakers mostly because they are garbage so if you turn the sub up and the speakers down you get a nice built in level adjust using the fader. There may be a rolloff, but I don't play the system very loud so I never noticed it. You can tap off the front doors subs too, I did that it pumped lots of bass but no fade control.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
I too have the p300-12. It is way more than I needed. However, i first used the high level speaker inputs to the p300 and it sounded okay at lower level volume (8-15) but anything higher it just started to lag or what i think is called roll off. With the lc2i, it completely fixed that problem and does it so well that at 2 on the volume bass "can" be really loud. You just have to set it to where you are comfortable. This is why I wouldn't use a cheap line out converter or high level inputs.
I barely know anything about this stuff but I’ve been reading. I thought the p300-12 amp had a LOC built in? Thought that’s what the description said. But you’re saying that an additional LOC was needed to get it to bump at its maximum potential?

Sponsored

Killerbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I barely know anything about this stuff but I’ve been reading. I thought the p300-12 amp had a LOC built in? Thought that’s what the description said. But you’re saying that an additional LOC was needed to get it to bump at its maximum potential?
You are correct. The p300-12 does have high level inputs. Our cars naturally have bass roll off at louder volumes so I added the lc2i to alleviate that roll off. if you do not listen to your music very loud and just want some lower end, I would skip the lc2i and just tap the rear deck speakers for the p300-12.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
You are correct. The p300-12 does have high level inputs. Our cars naturally have bass roll off at louder volumes so I added the lc2i to alleviate that roll off. if you do not listen to your music very loud and just want some lower end, I would skip the lc2i and just tap the rear deck speakers for the p300-12.
Got it. Thanks. I’d like for it to hit hard when I turn it up so I’d likely be unhappy unless I had the LOC. I appreciate the reply. The bass doesn’t overpower the mids does it?

Killerbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it. Thanks. I’d like for it to hit hard when I turn it up so I’d likely be unhappy unless I had the LOC. I appreciate the reply. The bass doesn’t overpower the mids does it?
It can if you don't tune it right. What I did was set the lc2i accubass (that's the thing that helps roll off) to the center and turned up the volume to where I usually keep it and adjust there. From there I didn't touch anything else on the lc2i and tuned the p300-12 to my liking.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

You want to review this thread, as some 2018 owners found that the factory sub harness was in the trunk even on cars that did not come with the 12-speaker system:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/what-to-add-factory-subwoofer-to-trunk.105567/

Go a few pages in on that thread and you’ll find all of the details you will need. It may hold true for some 2019 owners as well, if Ford did the same during assembly.
Sponsored