Sponsored

Adding powered sub to 2020 with 9 speaker system. Cheap!

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
Adding an aftermarket powered subwoofer on a 2020 Mustang premium with the 9 speaker system. I’ve read post after post about this, but can’t come to a conclusion.

I don‘t need competition sound. Coming from a C7 with the upgraded sound just had me completely spoiled. The Mustang has a really bland sound and no low end at all. I just want a little more bass from the system. I also don’t want to spend too much on this.

So am I on the right track?

Under seat powered sub
LOC converter tapped into rear speakers
Disable factory EQ with Forscan

Can it be that simple?

here’s what I’m looking at….anyone have any thoughts? Help? Advice?

3B63333A-3860-4CF2-AEBB-C5ED5930F613.jpeg

F78590DF-61CD-4EA3-95EA-A9C8A0881DD7.jpeg
Sponsored

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
will that actually fit under the seat? I went a little different route because I didn't think there was room. I'm definitely no expert here but I used a 12" 300W behind the back seat self powered and it has inputs directly from rear speakers, worked out well but I spent about twice what you're looking at. Jim

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
will that actually fit under the seat? I went a little different route because I didn't think there was room. I'm definitely no expert here but I used a 12" 300W behind the back seat self powered and it has inputs directly from rear speakers, worked out well but I spent about twice what you're looking at. Jim
Can you post pics to get ideas? I am thinking something like this. Nothing big.

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
Can you post pics to get ideas? I am thinking something like this. Nothing big.
ya I'll get some and start a post so as not to run all over OP's

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I just went through this myself and learned a bunch from the guys on here. Lots of options here. The best method is grabbing the signal preamp. You can by a t-harness. You'll still need a trigger for remote turn on with this method, but it gives you the best possible signal. A TR4 or IGN3 works fine for the trigger.

If you want to keep it super simple, grab a powered sub that accepts speaker level inputs. No LOC needed. No trigger needed. Just power the sub and tap the rear speakers.
Sponsored