corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
On page 98 it shows the same warning that I posted and it says "The adaptive cruise has reinstated controls to the driver.". But this thing happens to me every time when I am coming to stationary mode without ACC. What I mean is for example I drive in the city not using any cruise control things and it pops up when I am coming to stationary mode. I guess it is probably wiring issues with brake pedal and ACC.
The way I'm reading page 98 is that you would normally get that message as your speed drops through 12 mph when the ACC is 'on'. Which suggests that it's either specifically 'on', or it hasn't got the message that it's supposed to be off.

Are you sure that ACC is truly off? Does ACC default to OFF on startup, or does it remember whatever its last user setting was? Have you tried cycling the on/off switch (you may have to be above some speed to make this happen) to make sure (as best you can) that it is supposed to be off? Having both the on/off and res/cancel functions on the same button could suggest that the problem is in the switch itself.

The manual talks about a 'Standby mode' in the CC section. Is that what you mean by 'stationary mode' or do you intend 'stationary mode' to simply mean stopped?

Norm
Sponsored

OP
OP
ajavadov

ajavadov

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The way I'm reading page 98 is that you would normally get that message as your speed drops through 12 mph when the ACC is 'on'. Which suggests that it's either specifically 'on', or it hasn't got the message that it's supposed to be off.

Are you sure that ACC is truly off? Does ACC default to OFF on startup, or does it remember whatever its last user setting was? Have you tried cycling the on/off switch (you may have to be above some speed to make this happen) to make sure (as best you can) that it is supposed to be off? Having both the on/off and res/cancel functions on the same button could suggest that the problem is in the switch itself.

The manual talks about a 'Standby mode' in the CC section. Is that what you mean by 'stationary mode' or do you intend 'stationary mode' to simply mean stopped?

Norm
I actually turned ACC completely off from digital cluster, when it is completely off from settings, it is not showing me that warning. When I turned it back ON from settings, it started to do the same thing. I mean stationary mode as stopped. So when I am stopping the car even not using any ACC or CC it pops up.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I actually turned ACC completely off from digital cluster, when it is completely off from settings, it is not showing me that warning. When I turned it back ON from settings, it started to do the same thing. I mean stationary mode as stopped. So when I am stopping the car even not using any ACC or CC it pops up.
Did you make it clear to the service guy that it was possible to completely turn the ACC off and no longer get that warning?

If you mean "stopped", please just type "stopped". Hanging that 'mode' tag on everything means the word becomes meaningless and just sounds silly.

Norm

Piper3595

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
My 2019 GT Premium PP1 does the exact same thing even when ACC is turned off. I’m thinking that’s a glitch somewhere in the system.

OP
OP
ajavadov

ajavadov

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
My 2019 GT Premium PP1 does the exact same thing even when ACC is turned off. I’m thinking that’s a glitch somewhere in the system.
Did u show it to your local dealer?

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Make sure the windshield is clean where the camera is. Also, has the power in the mirror been tapped for a dash cam or radar detector?

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
So the ACC can be enabled and disabled in the settings.
Once enabled, it can also be turned on/off from the steering wheel on/off button.
For me, when enabled/off and enabled/on, this message doesn't happen.
Also, when enabled, on, but not engaged (no speed has been set, or speed has been set, but previously canceled by hitting the brakes, cancel button, etc) I don't see this message.
The only time I see it is when enabled, on, engaged, and a vehicle in front of me slows to the point that my speed falls below 12 mph.
As far as i know, you shouldn't see it any other time.

Once, for a week or so after a big chunk of tire tread on the road hit my bumper hard enough to knock the sensor out of line, ACC was disabled. While disabled, i never saw that message. I did see a message on startup about ACC and emergency brake assist being unavailable, but ONLY at startup.

If you're seeing that message some other time, and the dealer is telling you its normal, they're wrong.

rvshone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt Convertible
I have a 2020 GT Convertible and was getting the same message. I had disabled the seatbelt warning and have determined that if I’m wearing my seatbelt, I don’t get the message. If I’m not wearing the seatbelt, the message will show up almost every time I come to a stop.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Mine does this every time if i let the car brake automatically with ACC on to a stop. Once it hits 12mph, this warning pops up (to let you know you still need to stop the car)

Sponsored

rvshone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt Convertible
Mine does this every time if i let the car brake automatically with ACC on to a stop. Once it hits 12mph, this warning pops up (to let you know you still need to stop the car)
That sounds like proper operation. In my case above, I have ACC enabled but not active when I get the message. I believe this may be the OP’s situation also.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So we have determined by Norm, Richbrew and WOT that the issue is - the OP has ACC “on” and the warning message is normal due to the car knowing ACC is “on” but car is slowing to 12mph (or under).... Which the OP has confirmed they have ACC “on”.

Am I missing something?

rvshone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt Convertible
So we have determined by Norm, Richbrew and WOT that the issue is - the OP has ACC “on” and the warning message is normal due to the car knowing ACC is “on” but car is slowing to 12mph (or under).... Which the OP has confirmed they have ACC “on”.

Am I missing something?
It’s possible I’m experiencing something different. I only get the message when I don’t have a seatbelt engaged, ACC has been selected over normal cruise control in the digital dash menus and Cruise Control has not been activated with the steering wheel button and you bring the car to a stop from any speed.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I guess somebody else is going to have to try your combination of ACC selected but not activated, with the seat belts not fastened.

I'm not going to be the one to ask the obvious question here . . .

Norm