Adaptive Cruise Control

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
I have a question regarding ACC functions. Does the Mustang's cruise control bring the car to a complete stop if traffic slows down/stops? I haven't used it yet, and am wondering if it stops the car.
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I have a question regarding ACC functions. Does the Mustang's cruise control bring the car to a complete stop if traffic slows down/stops? I haven't used it yet, and am wondering if it stops the car.
It will not it will deactivate if it goes below 30 or 35 mph so make sure you are ready to hit the brakes.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Interesting. Maybe just my car but i've had the ACC slow the car - or I guess thinking about it, the collision avoidance - slow the car to below that but not a full stop.

I was cruising down a divided road and a car just up and pulled out right in front me without looking. Windshield lit red and brakes came on hard then I "took over" I guess. Sorry to muddy the answer...

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. Maybe just my car but i've had the ACC slow the car - or I guess thinking about it, the collision avoidance - slow the car to below that but not a full stop.

I was cruising down a divided road and a car just up and pulled out right in front me without looking. Windshield lit red and brakes came on hard then I "took over" I guess. Sorry to muddy the answer...
It will slow it down but anything below 30 mph it will deactivate.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I was wrong it deactivates once he goes below 12 mph so stopping will be up to yoi

F26958CE-2A2E-41FF-A6A5-130C9D77F686.png

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
From actual driving with it, it will brake if need be. I have had it do its job in freeway traffic just fine. Yep, 15 mph cut off is about right, but you should be on top of it by then. Go test and tune and let us know.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Wait that red light on my windscreen is the collision avoidance? I thought it was the shift light so I’ve been hammering it whenever it comes on….. :)

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Unfortunately the Mustang wasn't designed with Stop-and-Go, and it seems it must be too difficult or too expensive for Ford to add it. I am sure the S650 will have it. As was said, you cant activate the ACC till 20 mph and it will turn off below 12 mph. Though note, unlike some other cars, if it turns off while braking it will stay on the brakes for an extra second or two to give you a chance to reach the pedal. Our Kia Soul works down to 5 mph, but the instant it turns off it releases the brakes, which seems dangerous.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
With a manual transmission, it will disengage at a higher speed if you don't downshift to keep the engine from lugging down.

Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
It works for highway cruise but not stop and go. My other not mustang car has the stop and go and I don’t really use it. If you deal with regular traffic jams I guess it would have more value but it’s not something I miss on the mustang. I’m thinking it is the same on both auto and manual mustang to save costs.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
As was said, you cant activate the ACC till 20 mph and it will turn off below 12 mph.
I had a 2013 Fusion that operated just like that. Probably safe to say that's been Ford's standard ACC logic since at least then.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
With a manual transmission, it will disengage at a higher speed if you don't downshift to keep the engine from lugging down.
I'll have to test that with mine. Actually, it disengages whenever you shift, up or down... I'm thinking perhaps it will continue to slow the car if you remain in gear, but as you indicated, it hopefully won't accelerate if RPMs drop too low, particularly in overdrive gears.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Other than the lack of the stop and go function, the most irritating part of it is that the AI is not that great. I set mine on the farthest distance and if someone changes into my lane, it tends to throw out the anchor to get the gap back, go too far, and then stand on the throttle to get back to where it wants to be.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Other than the lack of the stop and go function, the most irritating part of it is that the AI is not that great. I set mine on the farthest distance and if someone changes into my lane, it tends to throw out the anchor to get the gap back, go too far, and then stand on the throttle to get back to where it wants to be.
You're probably giving the system way too much credit if you think there's actual AI involved. ACC isn't really close to a self-driving feature.
Sponsored