Adaptive Cruise Control

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
Those are the chumps you see that have caused the traffic backup to begin with... bad enough to have a bunch of clowns not paying attention on the road and relying on their "technology" to "avoid" a collision but it is much more than that... countless times I witness people almost hitting the front of my truck and if it does happen, I will guarantee a pit maneuver to counter the stupidity. I have to put up with it almost every single day for both female and male drivers alike ... their faces are planted to their cell phones texting away and more

skeered :eyebulge:

huge pet peeve. your facebook selfie can wait and is not worth killing someone over.... :rant:
Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
skeered :eyebulge:

huge pet peeve. your facebook selfie can wait and is not worth killing someone over.... :rant:
Not at all.... and try that on a person that just got back from a war... talk about ptsd and road rage together... war has made me more alert for sure and ĹŁo expect the stupid has all become a common thing... watch out for the handicap drivers... some are extremely dangerous... I only think their driving is handicapped and not their physical self

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
You can thank the addiction to Facebook and Twitter for the lust of all this high technology availability in new Vehicles because concentrating on "driving" has become secondary.
#itsallaboutme

Esfoad

Threads
Reaction score
You can thank the addiction to Facebook and Twitter for the lust of all this high technology availability in new Vehicles because concentrating on "driving" has become secondary.
#itsallaboutme
Right ON! Anyone disgusted with the latest Infiniti commercials where dopes are completely distracted from driving and are depending on the "vehicle" to magically save them from a wreck? This irresponsible advertising makes me sick!

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Right ON! Anyone disgusted with the latest Infiniti commercials where dopes are completely distracted from driving and are depending on the "vehicle" to magically save them from a wreck? This irresponsible advertising makes me sick!
To a point I can see kids being a distraction especially toddlers but everything else... game on... I don't want them in my rearview mirror unless I am getting my distance

Sponsored

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by those commercials. Guess people need to rely on the car to drive for them these days.

prash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Mustang GT
Hey guys, i dont know if this question is already answered, but does ACC warn you when you are in traffic and when you get too close to the car in front of you. If so can we set a distance of say 3 feet and have ACC warn only when we get closer than that ?

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Hey guys, i dont know if this question is already answered, but does ACC warn you when you are in traffic and when you get too close to the car in front of you. If so can we set a distance of say 3 feet and have ACC warn only when we get closer than that ?
You can set the distance gap between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you with ACC. ACC doesn't warn you of anything but adjusts your car's speed to match the vehicle ahead of you. The warning system you're talking about is the collision detection system. And yes - you can tweak this system to be more/less sensitive if you want. Here's two videos about ACC and the collision detection:

[ame]

[ame]

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
What I really don't like about the "brake support" part is that the system can and will apply the brakes harder than you intended to. Presumably if it doesn't think you hit them hard enough, that's when it will step in. I would assume its threshhold would be conservatively set, meaning you might have to step on the brakes harder than actually necessary in order to avoid its intervention.

Hmmmm . . . what about the car following you???

Norm

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
What I really don't like about the "brake support" part is that the system can and will apply the brakes harder than you intended to. Presumably if it doesn't think you hit them hard enough, that's when it will step in. I would assume its threshhold would be conservatively set, meaning you might have to step on the brakes harder than actually necessary in order to avoid its intervention.

Norm
On the mustang, the brakes do not intervene...it is just a pre charge, it does not apply the brakes at all, when you do step on the brake pedal it will seem that you have applied a harder press on the pedal than you actually have and in turn the cruise control is also disengaged

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
On the mustang, the brakes do not intervene...it is just a pre charge, it does not apply the brakes at all, when you do step on the brake pedal it will seem that you have applied a harder press on the pedal than you actually have and in turn the cruise control is also disengaged
That is exactly what I mean - the system intervention is not the actual application of the brakes, but the intensity with which they are applied. How can you develop trust in your brakes when they don't feel the same from one time to the next depending on situations external to both you and your car itself?

Disengaging the CC is normal practice, at least that's what I remember from the last time I checked any CC to see if it still worked.

Norm

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
That is exactly what I mean - the system intervention is not the actual application of the brakes, but the intensity with which they are applied. How can you develop trust in your brakes when they don't feel the same from one time to the next depending on situations external to both you and your car itself?

Disengaging the CC is normal practice, at least that's what I remember from the last time I checked any CC to see if it still worked.

Norm
Best thing is to know your own car, it's handling and every single characteristic of it and not to rely on technology rather your own better judgement (if the driver has it) 100% control is the key no matter what... even when using regular cc my foot always hovers over the brake pedal

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
My feeling is that this feature is a total waste of money, but of course I haven't tried it. Only reason I would even consider it is because the HUD is kinda cool lol. Not $1200 cool or whatever it costs.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
My feeling is that this feature is a total waste of money, but of course I haven't tried it. Only reason I would even consider it is because the HUD is kinda cool lol. Not $1200 cool or whatever it costs.
I think the body shops think it is cool... especially when the driver is on the cell phone[emoji6]

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
I hope in the future the HUD can be modded to show speed and other stuff a la bimmers, camaro's etc... Why it's only being used to show the brake lights boggles my mind.
Sponsored