Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I'll have to test that with mine. Actually, it disengages whenever you shift, up or down..
It won't disengage on a shift that takes a "normal" amount of time. It will disengage if you hold the clutch down for several seconds.

I'm thinking perhaps it will continue to slow the car if you remain in gear, but as you indicated, it hopefully won't accelerate if RPMs drop too low, particularly in overdrive gears.
It's not that smart. If you drop below a certain RPM, it will disengage regardless of speed. If it hasn't disengaged, it will try to add throttle even if it's in a low RPM situation.
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
You're probably giving the system way too much credit if you think there's actual AI involved. ACC isn't really close to a self-driving feature.
Indeed, I just didn’t want to type out “the algorithm that the Ford engineers came up with for the system”.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
it's handy not to have to keep engaging and re-engaging cruise with erratic truckers and cars on the highway BUT I'm keeping control of braking, avoidance maneuvers and such as my responsibility. Hoping that means my GT stays intact, I've a healthy disrespect for these AI's since I work in tech. LOL

OP
OP
jblue

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
The lack of stop go is probably just a cost control / licensing issue where Ford refused to pay a ridiculous licence fee for the activation of a function that's historically associated with luxury cars.

It's may also be that the system funtion was not as smooth as Ford wanted for the Brand. Not all stop go are equal and in 2018 the syetems were not as seamless as even 2020.

I like stop go but rarely have a chance to use it.

I love dynamic crusie control but the deactivation below 30 is a huge turnoff. Is still ordered it though...will just have to adapt.
I have a Mazda CX-5 with ACC, and it works flawlessly. I love it. I just didn't know if Mustang's had the stop and go system. I guess I didn't check the owner's manual, but have received many helpful replies.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
It won't disengage on a shift that takes a "normal" amount of time. It will disengage if you hold the clutch down for several seconds.
That's news to me. I don't drive it daily, but I'll have to try that out next time I'm on the highway.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I had a 2013 Fusion that operated just like that. Probably safe to say that's been Ford's standard ACC logic since at least then.
I assume there must be some other sensor needed for stop-and-go. Our Explorer has full stop-and-go, and lane centering, and they both work great. Car will basically drive it self, for a few seconds till it yells at you to steer again.

But what I really dont get is why if the system works down to 12 mph do you have to be doing 20 mph to turn it back on. Really annoying in traffic if I dip below 12 mph for a second I then cant reset it it till the traffic is moving pretty good again.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I assume there must be some other sensor needed for stop-and-go. Our Explorer has full stop-and-go, and lane centering, and they both work great. Car will basically drive it self, for a few seconds till it yells at you to steer again.

But what I really dont get is why if the system works down to 12 mph do you have to be doing 20 mph to turn it back on. Really annoying in traffic if I dip below 12 mph for a second I then cant reset it it till the traffic is moving pretty good again.
Yes, I got used to it, but I know what you mean.

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
The lack of stop go is probably just a cost control / licensing issue where Ford refused to pay a ridiculous licence fee for the activation of a function that's historically associated with luxury cars.

It's may also be that the system funtion was not as smooth as Ford wanted for the Brand. Not all stop go are equal and in 2018 the syetems were not as seamless as even 2020.
Well, the Fusion had stop and go. I’m sure other models do too but I’ve only had fusions and mustangs.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Well, the Fusion had stop and go. I’m sure other models do too but I’ve only had fusions and mustangs.
Yeah it's puzzling for sure can only speculate.
Ooooo! I like to speculate!

Taking a WAG at it, perhaps it relates to the Mustang's acceleration from a stop. They could be concerned about throttle tip-in and how fast the car can start moving forward, especially in a stall-n-crawl on the highway.

I will confess to pulling the above from a random orifice and using no data.
Sponsored