Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control

twinturbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi I have a 2015 Mustang 5.0 with adaptive cruise control. Does anyone know who rebuilds the "front distance sensor" or module. This is a pricey part at over $1000 dollars from dealer. I was able to source a junkyard part that for now is working.

If you know how to make another model years part work that would be great as well. I do have the ford IDS software with VCM3. I wasn't able to get the F150 module to work.

Current engineering part number is FR3T-9G768-AH

Thanks Joe
Sponsored

OP
OP

twinturbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Update:

1. The cruise control module was good!

2. If you have a mustang with adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance and the front distance sensor is either not vertically aligned or not pointing straight you will get DTC code - B142E:78 and get a "collison avoidance unavailable" message on the dash as well as cruise will be greyed out and not available. The repair manual states that horizontal alignment is done electronically but this is not really true for those that modify the stock mounting location ie for my case an intercooler. You will need to go in and modify the bracket so the sensor is essentially pointing straight. After this you can go on the drive and the sensor will calibrate and cruise control will be available.

3. Send me a message if you have any questions as this took me some time to figure out and I have IDS.

RileyN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Riley
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang
Update:

1. The cruise control module was good!

2. If you have a mustang with adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance and the front distance sensor is either not vertically aligned or not pointing straight you will get DTC code - B142E:78 and get a "collison avoidance unavailable" message on the dash as well as cruise will be greyed out and not available. The repair manual states that horizontal alignment is done electronically but this is not really true for those that modify the stock mounting location ie for my case an intercooler. You will need to go in and modify the bracket so the sensor is essentially pointing straight. After this you can go on the drive and the sensor will calibrate and cruise control will be available.

3. Send me a message if you have any questions as this took me some time to figure out and I have IDS.
Old thread I know but did you Level the sensor with a bubble level? Did you level it perfectly horizontal as well? Or favoring the left/right. Did physically aligning it get it back working or did you have to calibrate it with forscan also? Thanks
Sponsored