Active Exhaust Broken?

csimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys, I went ahead and swapped my corsa extreme with active exhaust monday for the stock exhaust and it worked fine before i took the corsa off and when he put the stock one on because i was going to trade in the car. Turns out didn’t want to trade and put the corsa exhaust back on yesterday and got the exhaust mode error (it will swap for 3-4 seconds and go back to normal) and the passenger side has a tick and seems to be stuck in quiet mode it looks like on a start up. Any advice?
Thanks in advance!!!

Sponsored

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I have this problem. Ford said it was the cables that control the actuator that needs to be replaced. Look for signs of damage or corrosion on the wires. If its not that then the actuator spring may have broken and needs to be replaced.

OP
OP

csimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I have this problem. Ford said it was the cables that control the actuator that needs to be replaced. Look for signs of damage or corrosion on the wires. If its not that then the actuator spring may have broken and needs to be replaced.
Hey Thanks for the reply! do you have the part #’s for each of those by any chance? Is this something I can do pretty easy or something i should just get done through a mechanic, because i am no mechanic by any means lol

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I found this posted by HollowKEYS in February.
Active Exhaust Actuators: JR3Z-5K245-B
screenshot_20220220-130905_chrome-jpg-jpg.jpg

And the Active Exhaust Pigtail
harness: JR3Z-14A411-H
screenshot_20220220-130926_chrome-jpg-jpg.jpg

1650126780154-png.png

1650126795929-png.png

OP
OP

csimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I found this posted by HollowKEYS in February.
Active Exhaust Actuators: JR3Z-5K245-B
screenshot_20220220-130905_chrome-jpg-jpg.jpg

And the Active Exhaust Pigtail
harness: JR3Z-14A411-H
screenshot_20220220-130926_chrome-jpg-jpg.jpg

1650126780154-png.png

1650126795929-png.png
Thank you for that, might try the pigtails first

Sponsored

Park

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 20 Mustang EB and 21 Bronco Sport
What year is your car ?

GT-G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
The spring in those actuators are very finicky. Sounds like it slipped out of the notch. I know when I switched out my stock for the active Corsa Extremes, I had a hell of a time getting the damn springs to seat correctly. Right after the install, it would not stay in any mode outside of track for more than 3-5 seconds and then would open completely. It would also tick. Sounds similar to your issue. I opened up the actuators and both springs were not seated correctly. After hours of trying, I finally got the spring to seat correctly. Took me almost as long as the physical install of the exhaust. But once seated in place, no issues since. Been almost two years.

OP
OP

csimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
The spring in those actuators are very finicky. Sounds like it slipped out of the notch. I know when I switched out my stock for the active Corsa Extremes, I had a hell of a time getting the damn springs to seat correctly. Right after the install, it would not stay in any mode outside of track for more than 3-5 seconds and then would open completely. It would also tick. Sounds similar to your issue. I opened up the actuators and both springs were not seated correctly. After hours of trying, I finally got the spring to seat correctly. Took me almost as long as the physical install of the exhaust. But once seated in place, no issues since. Been almost two years.
I think it was that too, maybe i can have the guy switch the sides?

GT-G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
You could try that. That could possibly rule out the wiring harness as the issue, if the issue is now on the other side. But Id make sure to look into seeing if the spring is seated properly and has the right resistance when rotating it if you rule out the pigtail as the issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP

csimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
You could try that. That could possibly rule out the wiring harness as the issue, if the issue is now on the other side. But Id make sure to look into seeing if the spring is seated properly and has the right resistance when rotating it if you rule out the pigtail as the issue.
The guy is going to try to give it a fix tomorrow, if that does the same thing on the driver side you’re definitely right on with the harness/tik noise. if not then i might buy the pigtails after he gives it a shot. This SUCKS!! lol