MC Sheen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT - Shadow Black
Hello,

I've finally got to a point where I can install an exhaust on my Mustang and am looking to install an active-type exhaust on my non-active exhaust 2019 GT.

My original plan was to buy and install Roush's iO Active Exhaust Kit as it was perfect for me (loud for when I want, and quiet for mornings/nights) and contacted several suppliers who had it listed on their websites. However, they told me that the kit was discontinued and I confirmed that after contacting Roush.

I see that they still have the active exhaust upgrade kit (linked below) but it contains just the valves and electronics. The kit has to be paired with a quad-tip Roush muffler. However, Roush doesn't appear to be selling any axle-backs or cat-backs that fit the bill.

https://www.roushperformance.com/co...haust-upgrade-kit?_pos=8&_fid=19a4102b4&_ss=c

Does anyone know if this kit is compatible with any other muffler/axle-back not from Roush? I've been searching eBay and FB marketplace for old stock/used axle-backs but haven't had any luck so am trying to see if there are other options. I found a couple of Ecoboost Roush axle-backs, but their diameter is 2.25" when I need 2.5" for the GT.

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MC Sheen

MC Sheen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT - Shadow Black
I've found a couple of listing for a quad-tip exhaust that seems to be made very similar to the Roush one, where the inside tip for each muffler is bolted on like the Roush. Does anyone know how similar the quad-tips between the two mufflers are in terms of structure? I'm wondering if the Roush upgrade kit would bolt onto the muffler from Steeda.

Or could be they incorrectly labeled the Roush's as Steeda's, but since they both appeared to be discontinued, I'm having trouble confirming.

Last edited: