Sponsored

Non-active to Active Exhaust Recommendations?

mpelon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT California Special
Have a 2021 GT without active exhaust and wanted to add an active exhaust system, wondering if anyone had any good recommendations or personal experiences.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Theyā€™re all going to be very expensive. Roush also offers one for a little less, but not much.

OP
OP
mpelon

mpelon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT California Special
Theyā€™re all going to be very expensive. Roush also offers one for a little less, but not much.
Yeah I figured but adding any exhaust is going to be. One of those, if it ainā€™t broke donā€™t fix it, scenarios. My exhaust is a year and a half old and in great shape. Have a little regret though cuz I ordered a GT with active exhaust but it kept getting delays so I went out and found a brand new one on a dealer lot. Nicer car overall than I ordered (California Special) BUT no active exhaust. I donā€™t regret buying it just wish it had the active exhaust. My neighbors hate me when I go to work at 4:45 am.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah I figured but adding any exhaust is going to be. One of those, if it ainā€™t broke donā€™t fix it, scenarios. My exhaust is a year and a half old and in great shape. Have a little regret though cuz I ordered a GT with active exhaust but it kept getting delays so I went out and found a brand new one on a dealer lot. Nicer car overall than I ordered (California Special) BUT no active exhaust. I donā€™t regret buying it just wish it had the active exhaust. My neighbors hate me when I go to work at 4:45 am.
Iā€˜m not being funny here, but Iā€˜ve watched videos of people using pool noodles in their exhaust pipes to muffle the sound in situations like yours. Itā€™s cheap to do and you remove them once youā€™re out of the neighborhood.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are you running LTHs and an x or h pipe with axle back exhaust to make it too loud for early morning drives?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Another option is to check the classifieds on here and on google to see if anyone is selling take off active exhausts. I took mine off at about the 5K mile mark. One member had inquired about them and I was willing to give them away for free, but I think he realized shipping would have cost a great deal because of size and weight. They didnā€™t have the actuators with them because I relocated them to a bracket and kept them plugged up to avoid the light on the dash.

I say all of that to let you know that if you do locate some without the actuators, you will obviously have to purchase those separately, but a quick search indicates they would cost around $330 apiece. Iā€™m not even sure what else you would need to complete the install as far as switches etc. go.
Sponsored