Sponsored

Accepting new cars with panels repainted??

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Hey guys and gals,

In a bit of a quandary. My MP Mach 1 HP has very small damage that i believe was probably panel misalignment. Possibly shipping damage i suppose. Its tiny spots at the bumper/fender but Granger wants to respray the panel(s). I dont really want a car with a full bumper respray. Let alone a bumper and fender. Id rather small, barely noticeable touch ups, than non factory paint on a car i want to keep for a long time. I have just never seen a body shop paint job hold up like factory. Anyway looking for input.

1EA44642-AB8F-4A3E-A995-B6062D3C7AC3.jpeg

3E63AFCA-BFDE-4141-879C-B726ACBB13DD.jpeg
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Just get the proper touch-up paint and take care of it yourself.

OP
OP

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
I agree!

Im asking zach to make sure the panels are aligned and just touch it up. I would rather have a barely noticeable touch up, than 10% of the car repainted for 2 spots the size of kids pinky fingernail.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I had a similar problem the with trunk lid misaligned and it chipped the paint. The dealer ordered touch up paint and I repaired it myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Zach is gonna have his touch up guy look at it. I will be getting Dr Colorchip ordered either way…

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
When I worked at a Chevrolet dealer we received damages in almost every few transport deliveries. It was common. My 2016 mustang had hood damage from dirt in factory paint. It looked absolutely flawless when completed and I am extremely picky.

OP
OP

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
If it was bad damage i would take my respray panels and hope it was good long term. For small damage id rather keep the majority of the factory paint

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
If it was bad damage i would take my respray panels and hope it was good long term. For small damage id rather keep the majority of the factory paint
Only when they use cheap clear coat is when you have to worry. The body shop I worked at used the best at the time and we never (that I know of) had anyone make a claim on our original owner warranty. Cheap clear coat and rushed bad prep are rampant in auto body shops.
Just didn’t want you to be too down if it came down to a respray. It happens unfortunately. Enjoy your car!

Last edited:

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Zach is gonna have his touch up guy look at it. I will be getting Dr Colorchip ordered either way…
have it touched up then have Xpel put on the bumper and fenders.. hood as well while you are at it and it will never get worse or chip away with the film on top.

Sponsored

Crash89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I’ve had 2 fords get damaged in accidents that were the other parties fault. One was my 06 mustang GT when my 17 year old daughter was hit by a vehicle that fled the scene. Both were repaired by a ford body shop, and the paint was blended. No one, including myself could tell there were any repairs performed. And I am extremely picky.
3D2FE855-2E2D-453A-AD85-50BBAB2BCA2D.jpeg

OP
OP

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Well i could deal with a bit of blend out over a foot or whatever. When you get an email that says the panels needs to be repainted for tiny chips it makes you wonder…

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Most decent aftermarket (dealer body shop included) paint will actually hold up better than the factory paint. The stuff they put on and the poor panel prep on new cars now is appalling. That being said, there's no need for a full respray when a decent touch up will do on a car that will get driven and end up showing some usage.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I think that more new, untitled cars are sold with repaired/ repainted body parts than most people would believe.
As for repaint quality, I'm sure, like anything else that it varies. Personally I've used the same body shop for 20+ years and I defy anyone to be able to tell which vehicles or where they were repaired. Even years later.

Blue Flame Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 GT 401A Mischievous Purple
I would be concerned with paint match on MP. I don't even know if anyone has had MP painted non factory.
Sponsored