ABS Bypass Mod for launching

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Thanks for sharing, on my list (which is finally getting shorter).
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I'm a total noob in so many ways. I went to go look at this harness under my hood. It looks like it's connected to nothing. It has just a harness connected into another with the wires just taped up. So what does this one do exactly or the one in the car if it looks like it's connected to a chopped pigtail.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm a total noob in so many ways. I went to go look at this harness under my hood. It looks like it's connected to nothing. It has just a harness connected into another with the wires just taped up. So what does this one do exactly or the one in the car if it looks like it's connected to a chopped pigtail.
Yes, that’s the nanny plug. It enables ABS/Adv. Trac and other Nannie’s that can rob the car of power. You can work around it it one of two ways.

1. Remove the tape from the chopped off pigtail (it’s basically a wire loop), cut the loop and solder on wiring of the same gauge to make it long enough to reach into the cabin, tape it up with Tesa Tape for a clean look, add to female spade terminals onto the ends of the wires and plug them onto a switch. This way is cheaper, but requires a little soldering, a switch, Tesa Tape, female spade connectors and some extra wire.

2. Buy the 580 Performance ABS Bypass Kit and you’re all set. This way is more expensive and will cost you $130.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Yes, that’s the nanny plug. It enables ABS/Adv. Trac and other Nannie’s that can rob the car of power. You can work around it it one of two ways.

1. Remove the tape from the chopped off pigtail (it’s basically a wire loop), cut the loop and solder on wiring of the same gauge to make it long enough to reach into the cabin, tape it up with Tesa Tape for a clean look, add to female spade terminals onto the ends of the wires and plug them onto a switch. This way is cheaper, but requires a little soldering, a switch, Tesa Tape, female spade connectors and some extra wire.

2. Buy the 580 Performance ABS Bypass Kit and you’re all set. This way is more expensive and will cost you $130.
Yeah I was looking at that from when you posted it up above. Then went to look at my cars nanny set up for the 1st time & it's when I saw it was connected to nothing. So if I take off that wore loom it will be just a single wire in there? Snip that, run 2 wires to a switch, install said switch & run it back to the other end? That seems too good to be true. That will shut off my advance traction with out having to push the button for 10 secs & leave the line lock on? I have spare switches laying around, wire, solder & wire loom. If it's this easy I'd rather do this than spending $130. Also want to make sure it's all good before I drill a hole on my new Hurst shifter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah I was looking at that from when you posted it up above. Then went to look at my cars nanny set up for the 1st time & it's when I saw it was connected to nothing. So if I take off that wore loom it will be just a single wire in there? Snip that, run 2 wires to a switch, install said switch & run it back to the other end? That seems too good to be true. That will shut off my advance traction with out having to push the button for 10 secs & leave the line lock on? I have spare switches laying around, wire, solder & wire loom. If it's this easy I'd rather do this than spending $130. Also want to make sure it's all good before I drill a hole on my new Hurst shifter.
Yes. From my assessment of the factory and 580 performance connectors, the wires are in the exact same place. Look here on my factory nanny plug and you’ll see the loop in the wire. I previously removed the electrical tape and wire loom and installed heat shrink for a slightly cleaner look.

WD Pro cleaned his up this way and I simply followed his lead.

Here’s a video showing how quickly the ABS/Adv. Trac is enabled/disabled at the press of the button on the steering column trim.

860E5769-A892-4DA8-9790-1FA054416358.jpeg

FFD9D7EF-C6B7-4E41-B15B-3D6F67C39675.jpeg

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Yes. From my assessment of the factory and 580 performance connectors, the wires are in the exact same place. Look here on my factory nanny plug and you’ll see the loop in the wire. I previously removed the electrical tape and wire loom and installed heat shrink for a slightly cleaner look.

WD Pro cleaned his up this way and I simply followed his lead.

Here’s a video showing how quickly the ABS/Adv. Trac is enabled/disabled at the press of the button on the steering column trim.

860E5769-A892-4DA8-9790-1FA054416358.jpeg

FFD9D7EF-C6B7-4E41-B15B-3D6F67C39675.jpeg

Right on, looks like I'll be adding something to do to my weekend list. Thank you for your replies & time.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I did this mod. 10r80 car and normally drove with this unplugged all the time but wanted access to line lock. I can tell you it doesn’t like being turned on while the car is already in motion lol. Line lock button to the left is the abs plug
IMG_8441.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: