Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
  • Banned
Hey all,

Got an issue with launching my car using launch control, I do have it in track mode with advancetrac off. When I launch at 3k rpm the car starts off great but once it catches traction it just kinds of loses power and just revs up slowly until you switch to 2nd and goes really fast again.

I am able to bypass this issue by launching at 3500 and it will pull hard all the way to the top but I spin way too much. My car is stock except for a cat back exhaust, This also happens without using launch control if I start at 2k rpm will do the same thing, any ideas?
Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
launching is a delicate balance between traction and wheel spin.

you are in chicago, and it's cold. So your tires have no traction. The computer is dumping power to try and hook up.

When you bump up to 3500, you have moved into all wheel spin.

try 2 things. Warm up the tires before launching at 3,500. Or wait until the weather warms up.

TonyN

SLO 5L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
You may be getting the clutch protection mode. I have heard of others having that happen. Basically the ECM detects to much clutch slip and reduces throttle to prevent self destruction of the clutch and/or transmission.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
If track mode is engaged then traction control is off

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
TBH launch control seems to be tuned for drag radials, 3k is kinda high on stock tires i can barely keep full traction launching at 2k rpm.
So far my best results are launch with a slight bog and ease into it till 2nd.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
You may be getting the clutch protection mode. I have heard of others having that happen. Basically the ECM detects to much clutch slip and reduces throttle to prevent self destruction of the clutch and/or transmission.
This is ur problem,can be addressed in a tune.Clutch protection/tq managment.

OP
OP
99gtp

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
  • Banned
Thanks for the replies guys, its a little too early for a tune for me so I will stick with mdnt's suggestion for now.
Sponsored