Sponsored

A10 Park to Drive Squat

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
FYI manual transmission cars with IRS also squat when you launch the car but you are too busy to notice.

I have no explanation for the 4 to 6 "squats" with a relatively new car unless you don't have your foot on the brake hard enough to prevent cycles of squat - move - stop - squat.
My GTPP with MagneRide does 1 squat unless I'm in S shifter mode and use the paddle to upshift to second while still stopped. Then the car will get another "impulse" as the car engages second.
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
UPDATE: I experimented today and was able to get several "squat - rise - squat" cycles that felt like decaying oscillation in my GT with MagneRide.

HOWEVER: I could only feel it if the shifter was in S and I used the paddle to shift to second. Also I only tried it in normal drive mode so I don't know if the "stiffer" MagneRide calibrations in S+ or Track would make a difference.

I couldn't determine the source of the oscillations. I guess it could be engine varying power, transmission doing "something", or the springs oscillating from one loading.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have had my '18 with the A10 transmission for a little over 2 months and 2k miles. One thing I have noticed is that when switching from Park to Drive the back of the car will 'squat' down.

The 'squat' is only occurring at the back of the car, the front is fine. When the 'squat' occurs the back of the car will go down and sometimes there a good amount of bounce when it does the squat. I only have my foot on the brake.

I have noticed that as the car has more miles on it the amount of 'squatting' down has increased. Is this normal for others or is there something possibly loose on the back end? I know there is supposed to be some play in the rear for the IRS and NVH reduction so not sure if it is normal.

Tx
Video or didnt happen!
Factory lowrider option would be epic!!

Yea, totally wasted rear springs and shocks could allow that, but that means a tech somewhere jumped a set of railroad tracks.
Sponsored