• Total voters

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have worked around construction long enough to know that cones are usually beacons for idiots.
Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
P.S. - If you do buy the bumper bully, don't be a lazy bastard! Make sure you put the BB back into your trunk when you're not parked.
THIS ^^

Every time I am in New York area, i see these things on the back of cars. Brilliant, but not at 65mph.

OP
OP
ConspicuousConsumption

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
That looks like a main street, are there any smaller side streets nearby?
This is a side street off a main street. Unfortunately the smaller side streets seem to be pay-to-park for everyone, including residents. :doh:

OP
OP
ConspicuousConsumption

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How to street park?

picture.jpg
One can only imagine how this happened. I know some of the early generations of parking assist in those German luxury cars didn't fare too well.

OP
OP
ConspicuousConsumption

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have worked around construction long enough to know that cones are usually beacons for idiots.
So.... you're calling me an idiot?

Sponsored

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I bet that cone goes missing within a week.
Heh...that's what I was thinking too. At some point someone's gonna go messing around with that thing. Still, it's a better solution than nothing at all lol.

I had a co-worker who parked his car on the street in his neighborhood and some drunkie ended up slamming it. I'm lucky enough right now to have a driveway. It's the one piece of mind I get for staying with family to help out when I could be having a place of my own again. I suppose them having my help to afford the mortgage here is another piece of mind lol. This house is also going on the market soon and I'm here to help afford the mortgage until it sells to keep it from foreclosing. After that, if I don't just go get a place by myself then I offered to go in on a place with a friend I knew from CA who moved back out to this neck of the woods. I told him if it's an apartment we end up renting vs. a house, I'm adding a garage to the lease we sign and covering the cost out of my share. Totally worth it to me not to park on the street or in confined little economy spaces that give you probably a foot of space between the cars you park in between.

OP
OP
ConspicuousConsumption

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heh...that's what I was thinking too. At some point someone's gonna go messing around with that thing. Still, it's a better solution than nothing at all lol.

I had a co-worker who parked his car on the street in his neighborhood and some drunkie ended up slamming it. I'm lucky enough right now to have a driveway. It's the one piece of mind I get for staying with family to help out when I could be having a place of my own again. I suppose them having my help to afford the mortgage here is another piece of mind lol. This house is also going on the market soon and I'm here to help afford the mortgage until it sells to keep it from foreclosing. After that, if I don't just go get a place by myself then I offered to go in on a place with a friend I knew from CA who moved back out to this neck of the woods. I told him if it's an apartment we end up renting vs. a house, I'm adding a garage to the lease we sign and covering the cost out of my share. Totally worth it to me not to park on the street or in confined little economy spaces that give you probably a foot of space between the cars you park in between.
Good for you, man. Sounds like you're a good family member. Definitely think about your parking situation before going in on a place, as it sounds like you've done. I used to be in a house with private driveway, tons of space, but had to make a major compromise when moving into an apartment with my girlfriend. It sounds like you have more options than I did.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Good for you, man. Sounds like you're a good family member. Definitely think about your parking situation before going in on a place, as it sounds like you've done. I used to be in a house with private driveway, tons of space, but had to make a major compromise when moving into an apartment with my girlfriend. It sounds like you have more options than I did.
Haha thanks. I can't say I haven't benefited from the arrangement either. It all just worked out where shit happened to everyone all at once. Unemployment was terrible in the part of CA I came from. So right about the time I was getting pissed off and contemplating just following everyone out here to UT I come out expecting to stay here for a few months, get on my feet, and go get a place. Then they drop the bomb that they're having hard times here too. So I stayed instead of going apartment hunting. Kept finding a succession of better jobs until I'm making damn near almost twice what I did back in CA. I would not be as successful were I still out there, and right now I'm living probably about $150 cheaper a month than I would in my own place out here. If I hadn't come out here I definitely wouldn't have a 2016 GT in the driveway. I wouldn't even have the '06 GT that I traded up for it. It'd be some sketchy beater.

Jdrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT
Short story:

I never street parked my car until I met my wife and traveled to New Orleans religiously. Within a month of driving there and parking HALFWAY in the grass my car was dinged. I got it touched up and continued to "Street Park".....found my front bumper on the ground the next time.

I hope you have better luck than I did.
Oh New Orleans...I always make it a point that we take the wife's car when we go down there because of the whole parking situation downtown. I definitely would not have bought such a nice car if I actually lived down there and had to deal with it on a daily basis.

OP
OP
ConspicuousConsumption

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh New Orleans...I always make it a point that we take the wife's car when we go down there because of the whole parking situation downtown. I definitely would not have bought such a nice car if I actually lived down there and had to deal with it on a daily basis.
Must be all the drinking around there.

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Street Parking...

The only parking I had was street parking when I bought my 2010 GT. Three weeks after getting my car...I heard a crash. A city cop had fallen asleep at the end of his night shift. He had plowed into my front wheel well and nearly ripped it off. At least, he acted embarrassed when I confronted him and the city's insurance did pay for the repairs. From then on, I rented garage space a couple of blocks away.

OP
OP
ConspicuousConsumption

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine got hit the first night I parked it
What the hell is wrong with people? I was in a car in college with some girl and her friends when she sideswiped like 4 cars and kept driving. I didn't know such people existed.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Apparently we park on crowds of people.
Sponsored