Sponsored

2018 A10 in park, engine off, dash still on and chiming (?)

Ginger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
2018 Ecoboost A10 with digital dash cluster. Car turned off, in park, lights off. PRNDS and mileage still in dash, dome lights stay on, chiming. Now what?
Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Push start button try to restart and shut off, disconnect the battery.

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue after my cage install and reinstalling everything

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Door switch?

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt A10 with digital dash cluster. Car turned off, in park, lights off. PRNDS and mileage still in dash, dome lights stay on, chiming.
Car will not go into reverse, neutral, drive, S WITHOUT triggering the little white mechanism underneath the cover for the shifter.

Sponsored

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Just did a cage install reinstalled all my interior and I have this issue only.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Usually the cluster can remain lit if it doesn't receive feedback that the vehicle is in park, or you left your lights on.Slight possibility a faulty start/stop switch can cause it, but I don't think I've seen that before. Could also be the IPC module is "stuck" - I had one on a Lincoln do that with a draw and went away after pulling power to it. Further than that, I don't have a clue without more info/being there. If you have a code reader, any codes?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
2019 mustang gt A10 with digital dash cluster. Car turned off, in park, lights off. PRNDS and mileage still in dash, dome lights stay on, chiming.
Car will not go into reverse, neutral, drive, S WITHOUT triggering the little white mechanism underneath the cover for the shifter.
Sounds like something was either broken or is not aligned properly with the reinstall of the shifter or center console. The shifter has to engage that white mechanism - if it’s not, the car *thinks* the shifter is either not engaged OR that the shifter is still in a selected trans mode AFTER the car was shut down...

You need to go back over your center console install and check to make sure nothing has been damaged or broken on the actual shifter base OR the shifter stalk that goes into the base.

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
Check to see if your lights are left on. Of course they turn off once you have left the vehicle but my car chimes when i dont have the lights on automatic mode

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Guys update. I realize this a few weeks ago but it was my fucking shifter cable not plugged in. Lmao.

Sponsored

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
No I just had to pull up my center console trim. My cousin was helping me put my car back together and there are two different plugs under the center console near the shifter. A green plug and another plug. One is for if you have a manual car and one is for if you have a auto car.
They also have two different spots you can actually plug them into the plastic that are blank just to hold them in place and he plugged both of them into the plastic instead of plugging the one that goes into the shifter in the shifter!! Haha.
Sponsored