Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I hope "Andrew" enjoyed his 1000km at the expense of the many who wait. I find it interesting that all the pics are taken with the lights on to disguise the clear tails and to give the impression that the headlight drls are active...salesmen are scum.

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Saw the FB posts. Nothing to add. Thanks above for posting and FaceBooking.
Let's (try to) keep the bastards honest! :)

I'm assuming a customer ordered, then cancelled after build time, so the dealer got stuck with this and wants to make some money from it. I don't know that this is "wrong"...
I have a good relationship with my dealer. They informed me that my deposit was fully refundable no questions. My concern for him was that they would be stuck with the car.
He told me that FoA have instructed that all cases like this that cars will be returned to a central pool. That the rego must match the order this was FoA way of stopping dealer mark ups.....obviously this hasnt happened

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Done... my woman has just posted an angry message... :ninja:
I was going to ask how the new relationship is going, remember you mentioned it a few months ago when you said you had sold your car, ready for the mustang, then had to borrow your mum's car for a date or something like that :headbonk:

Looks like mum's Lexus worked?! haha

Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Here's the email I just send to Paul Gover or carsguide.com.au

Mustang launch is meant to be next week from memory - good to prep the media with some info to ask some interesting questions

Iā€™m one of the many people patiently waiting for a Ford Mustang.

Delivery dates slip, information about deliver is hopeless. Passionate purchasers are dealing directly with Ford Customer Service in the U.S. to get information about their build and shipment (and they do get it ā€“ kudos Ford USA!).

We have been told that there would be restrictions on purchases by Ford Australia employees and Dealerā€™s. My understanding was that no Ford Australia employees or Dealers would receive cars in the first batch of deliveries, and that there was a condition of purchase to not sell within six months.

Then I see this on carsales.com.au

http://www.carsales.com.au/nearnew/details/Ford-Mustang-2015/OAG-AD-12232339/?Cr=2

Itā€™s so disheartening to those that put their money up front when the Mustang was announced for Australia. Iā€™m not one of the those people, but I really do feel for them when they see this.

I have asked Ford Australia for comment on Facebook, with no reply yet.

With the formal launch happening soon (I think itā€™s next week), I thought you might be able to use that opportunity to ask some direct questions about this, and what if anything they plan to do about it.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I have a good relationship with my dealer. They informed me that my deposit was fully refundable no questions. My concern for him was that they would be stuck with the car.
He told me that FoA have instructed that all cases like this that cars will be returned to a central pool. That the rego must match the order this was FoA way of stopping dealer mark ups.....obviously this hasnt happened
Paul, I am very suspicious of a mustang seen here in Adelaide for a reason similar to that you have just written. It was registered with plates attached for delivery, but now it appears that that registration number no longer exists. I am hoping to see the car in person that it may now be registered as. It would comfirm my suspicions. We dont have rego stickers in sa, and there is a government app that we use to check if a car is registered or not before driving. We can instantly check the rego of any car..it can be easily seen that this particular rego no longer exists almost immediately after delivery. There may be a geniune reason for it, but I dont trust dealers one bit.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I was going to ask how the new relationship is going, remember you mentioned it a few months ago when you said you had sold your car, ready for the mustang, then had to borrow your mum's car for a date or something like that :headbonk:

Looks like mum's Lexus worked?! haha
Hahaha... wow. Props to you for having an insanely good memory!! :eyebulge:

Yeah, I suppose you can say that it did indeed go well. Props to her for sticking around when I still don't have a car :headbonk:

Yellow GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Hahaha... wow. Props to you for having an insanely good memory!! :eyebulge:

Yeah, I suppose you can say that it did indeed go well. Props to her for sticking around when I still don't have a car :headbonk:
You mom's Lexus ROCKS!!! Literally I guess :) :headbang:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
You mom's Lexus ROCKS!!! Literally I guess :) :headbang:
Haha... maybe it added to the humor. Taking her for dinner with mum's car... :doh:

I did get picked on quite a number of times.

Paul, I am very suspicious of a mustang seen here in Adelaide for a reason similar to that you have just written. It was registered with plates attached for delivery, but now it appears that that registration number no longer exists. I am hoping to see the car in person that it may now be registered as. It would comfirm my suspicions. We dont have rego stickers in sa, and there is a government app that we use to check if a car is registered or not before driving. We can instantly check the rego of any car..it can be easily seen that this particular rego no longer exists almost immediately after delivery. There may be a geniune reason for it, but I dont trust dealers one bit.
There's ways around the whole "must be registered to the person who ordered" bs. I know of this first hand and it certainly does work lol...

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Trevan Ford are a bunch of idiots anyway, I know someone who worked there, as well as a couple of customers who have used them previously.

Trying to palm off warranty work on the basis of 'not seeing these too often, so we don't know too much about them'.

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Unfortunately there will always be unscrupulous dealers, fortunately there are more ethical ones out there.

Not wanting to piss in your pocket, but its you and others that are in the same boat (or should I say whos cars are not on a boat....sorry) that I feel for.

Loyalty is something that FoA do not understand. I was President of a NSW Ford Car Club for seven years, and saw quite intimately how FoA ignored their customers and fans.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Unfortunately there will always be unscrupulous dealers, fortunately there are more ethical ones out there.

Not wanting to piss in your pocket, but its you and others that are in the same boat (or should I say whos cars are not on a boat....sorry) that I feel for.

Loyalty is something that FoA do not understand. I was President of a NSW Ford Car Club for seven years, and saw quite intimately how FoA ignored their customers and fans.
You are certainly onto something there, Paul, regarding the lack of loyalty to it's customers by FoA. They appear directionless at the moment. Not knowing if they are becoming a light truck company or a small econobox only outfit. When they manufactured here in earnest they supported their fans through racing and promos a heap better.From my dealings with them over the past few decades they always had a reputation for honesy and integrity, but now just seem sneaky and slippery. Maybe it is a lack of money, but more likely poor management and direction.
A mark of a good company is how it deals with problems when they arise, and they always will. I think we all know how FoA have handled the Mustang mess....they have relied on silence, smoke and mirrors and an amazing amount of sweeping under the carpet. I reckon they would need a Ranger to negotiate the lumpy carpet that the mustang has created at FoA HQ.

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
I think we all know how FoA have handled the Mustang mess....they have relied on silence, smoke and mirrors and an amazing amount of sweeping under the carpet. I reckon they would need a Ranger to negotiate the lumpy carpet that the mustang has created at FoA HQ.
OKAY FOLKS THE ABOVE HAS TO BE THE PREMIER QUOTE OF THE ENTIRE MUSTANG EXPERIENCE read DEBARCLE

GOLD MEDAL :first: to Bobsp12

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Uhmmm,
I have seen this car. I have been in it and started it, last week,
The dealer principal bidded for it at a cancer charity auction and I believe he paid $75,000, according to the local paper. I believe it was a personal purchase. The missus threw the article out. I don't know why he is selling it but I guess if there is a profit to be made then so be it. So this whole thing may be legit, just as we are allowed to sell our Mustangs for a profit when we get them. I don't know the guy but he spent a good hour showing the wife and I through it even though we have already ordered one 8 months ago. I am as frustrated as everyone else. However, we need to get all the facts before we lynch someone. It is a truly beautiful car and those who ordered Guard will be very happy.

Peter
Sponsored