Mustang coming to Aus Dealerships

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hi all, read a post on another forum that said

"Dealer just range me to say that they are getting a Stang GT in a couple of months so that everyone that has bought one can come sit-in drive etc. This is not a demo car and it's only to be used for people with bone-fide orders. Auyone out there heard this from their dealers?" -

More details provide by another forum member that said
"Cost is $1500 to the dealership, it is left for one night, dropped off at 5pm and picked back up at 5pm following evening, km's are recorded on pick up and on drop off, it is not to be driven, it's lhd, if it's driven dealership loses allocation 2's orders. It was made available to all dealers, most are not choosing to take the offer, the timing is not set, and will be decided by ford at their discretion, and at the convenience of them, ie it won't go Brisbane to Melbourne back to sydney, it will go the shortest possible distance."

Does anyone have any information on this or has anyone received a phone call from their dealer?
Sponsored

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Ive messaged my dealer but i doubt they took up the offer, its only a small dealership with a dozen orders

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Couldn't care less about LHD car, I'll wait until they bring in an Aussie Spec one.

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Im actually in 2 minds, although im itching to see one it would be pretty awesome to have the first i see, be mine

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
Sinclair Ford Penrith have emailed their "Mustang members garage" that they have a Mustang for a night in near future. Deposit holders only to be invited. Also my dealer Clancy Ford at Bathurst will also have a Mustang.I am awaiting details.I will advise details when I get them.I am looking forward to getting to sit in one,it will help to kill time untill we get the real thing.

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
It is 100% legit - no driving the car at all, it's expected to be the yellow GT Ford Oz currently has in their possession.

It arrives in a box and is only there for one day at a time.

My dealer is taking the offer, because they had a very large number of orders. I'm keen to go and have a sit in it to make sure it has enough room, a. I'm on the taller side.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
It is 100% legit - no driving the car at all, it's expected to be the yellow GT Ford Oz currently has in their possession.

It arrives in a box and is only there for one day at a time.

My dealer is taking the offer, because they had a very large number of orders. I'm keen to go and have a sit in it to make sure it has enough room, a. I'm on the taller side.
I've sat in one over here in the UK and there is plenty of room for the driver but I'm only 6ft :)

Saying that with the seat comfortable for me, I could actually sit in the rear seat. Legs no problem but my head was jammed against the roof.

BTW I'm not sure where all this, interior not up to European Standards, bollox comes from as I thought it a great place to be and much nicer than my 987 Boxster that I had in 2005.

Then I haven't sat in any newer cars since then :D

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
LHD or RHD I'd be itching to see one in the flesh. :clap2:

Photo's are one thing, but I believe that the new mustang shape is quite a spectacle in real life!

I plan to message my dealer tomorrow.

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I called my dealer up this morning, they are getting the car in but they don't know what day yet. They will send the invites out in the coming weeks. He told me they secured 31 orders of which 3 were eco boosts. I was the only order in my specification which apparently should be better for when the cars come in, because there are 10+ orders for V8 Manual in Red. So order number 8 might have to wait longer due to the demand for that colour.

He said orders are now locked in their system and colour change is possible but it will send your order to the back of the queue. There is no more information about options but he is hoping an accessories list will come out closer to the delivery.

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I talked to my dealer today...he gave me a date in July for the demos viewing. He said official invitations and emails to those who have placed deposits will be sent out some time before that.
Also asked about deliveries....any time from December to April for the first batch of orders. Ours was ordered last December...about the fifth one from that dealership at that time. He suggested our delivery would most likely be in January next year...each dealer only getting three or so at a time....it is testing my patience and it is actually going to be the wifes car anyway.
I am starting to get a collection of parts for it already...I have to do something or I will go nuts.

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
The dealer that has my order is in Sydney (250km away) so I doubt I'll be able to go up. Guess I'll just have to wait until my US trip on Oct/Nov - at least I'll get to drive one then.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I talked to my dealer today...he gave me a date in July for the demos viewing. He said official invitations and emails to those who have placed deposits will be sent out some time before that.
Also asked about deliveries....any time from December to April for the first batch of orders. Ours was ordered last December...about the fifth one from that dealership at that time. He suggested our delivery would most likely be in January next year...each dealer only getting three or so at a time....it is testing my patience and it is actually going to be the wifes car anyway.
I am starting to get a collection of parts for it already...I have to do something or I will go nuts.
I had also heard this 3 or so a month news. Which seems outrageous given then will produce all the cars in one run.

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
https://m.facebook.com/events/1586405761627449?acontext=%7B"ref"%3A3%7D&aref=3

Maybe my dealership in cairns will get it also if its going to tville
if the link doesnt work its Carmichael Ford advertising an event on fb for the viewing of the mustang in july.

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Trinity Ford Cairns
We are aiming for Monday the 3rd of August. We will confirm this closer to the time!!!
Unlike · 1 · More · 3 hours ago

For mustang viewing
Sponsored