Sponsored

a/c issue

drewdiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP, 85' SVO
hey guys, my a/c seems to be working ok. i can change speeds..but for some reason..it sounds like the a/c is making a sound where it gets louder and softer..louder and softer but with the same speed lol. anybody encounter this?
Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Not me... I have found my AC to be slightly weak though. I really need to turn it up past half way before I even feel any substantial cooling... how about the rest of you guys?

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
You know.....mine does this too; haven't had time to take it in because it's working but my wife and i have both noticed this. Sometimes it sounds like it's blowing "louder" than others. Curious to see if there are others..

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Mine doesn't cool for squat unless it is set all the way down in temp. However, my fan speed/noise is at least consistent.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Mine is very cold and I even have to turn it down since it is so cold. I have no weird AC noises. I live in the desert too.

Sponsored

TheGrayRider

Huh...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Black
hey guys, my a/c seems to be working ok. i can change speeds..but for some reason..it sounds like the a/c is making a sound where it gets louder and softer..louder and softer but with the same speed lol. anybody encounter this?
My F150 does this. In the process of tracking it down I installed a voltage gauge and noticed the fan get softer when the voltage dropped. Voltage swings from 12.4 all the way up to 14. volts.
If you have a voltage gauge keep an eye on it, you probably have the same thing going on.
Our GT does the same thing, as well as the 13 Edge we used to have.
Service advisor stated it was normal..

z6cyl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, MT-82, Ruby Red
Not me... I have found my AC to be slightly weak though. I really need to turn it up past half way before I even feel any substantial cooling... how about the rest of you guys?
Mine doesn't cool for squat unless it is set all the way down in temp. However, my fan speed/noise is at least consistent.
I also find the AC in this car to be quite weak.

Coming from a sedan that could cool the cabin to an extremely chilly degree in less than 5 minutes from sitting in the sun in 90 degree weather, the Mustang can't seem to do this in 15 minutes. Even with the AC cranked, I was sweating by the time I got to my destination (city streets only) about 10-15 minutes away.

Boogeyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT w/ PP
Yep mine does this too. I created a thread on it back in November but i never took it in since it still works.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
are you guys in a premium on auto?

I am. My temp is set on 72 auto. I never touch it, unless turning the system off to have windows down.

the auto system works awesome. it adjust fan speed and temp to most efficiently hit 72 degrees in the cabin as quick as possible.

if the outside temp is less than say 65, i turn off ac and it converts to heat. still @ 72.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
My 09 focus worked great. My 14 explorer sport works great. My 15 GT a/c sucks, like others said until its half way fan speed its useless, not only that it does not seem to be nearly as cold as my other cars. I live in the desert it's been 100+f for a few weeks now and it is hot just wish the a/c was better.

Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I am glad I am not the only person that thinks the A/C is very poor. I just feel it never really gets that cold, as many have said my other cars you can't run MAX AC for more than 5mins before they are freezing you out of the car. The mustang I can run it for the whole commute to work of 25mins each way and not feel too cold.

MaxInTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
I too feel like the A/C is weak. Houston heat is tough. My GT's air has sucked since the day I got it. Then I bought a EB convertible. That A/C would freeze you out super quick, and in thought, yup, I need to have it checked on the GT. But when I traded in the EB for another GT vert, the same thing, a weak AC system. Must be something with the GT's setup.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Thank you. I was wondering if I was the only one. It "pulsates" or gets a little louder then gets a little softer in sound. I'm sure people with aftermarket exhaust or those that listen to the stereo never even hear it. It always seems to cool properly but this pulsation of louder/softer every 5 to 10 seconds is annoying to say the least. Turn off the AC (compressor) and the noise goes away. Mine has done this almost since new. :(

hauntedone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Im taking my car in for this problem and hope the dealer can track it down... that and the other list of problems.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
normal. if you have it on "auto" mode, it will modulate fan speed, and change vent from floor to mid to dash as needed to be most efficiant.

It sounds louder because the vent baffle is being changed.

my car never leaves 72 and auto expect for a degree up or down here and there for comfort.

in winter, just turn AC off, but stay on 72.

Auto climate works great in these cars.
Sponsored