Welcome to the club!
Sponsored

OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you listen to the tone of the clicks, you can tell the difference between locking and unlocking. Just this morning I had issues grabbing the backside of the handle and heard the distinct click of it locking and not unlocking. Multiple times. About the 4th try I could hear it unlock.
I've had this happen when it's raining, but this morning no rain, but a heavy dew covering the car. It seems to be moisture related.
I'm going to start a list for the service manager and this is second. First is the notchy shifting when cold.
Check your door for chipped paint. Where the fender meets the door. Mines rubbing and chipping the paint.

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome krahooligan!!!

It took me a while to get used to opening the doors with the fob (in pocket).... I just grab the handle to open the door and hesitate for a moment...it'll unlock and pull. I found that if I was too fast with the "pull", I hit it still locked.

Hope you enjoy your new Mustang!

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Welcome krahooligan!!!

It took me a while to get used to opening the doors with the fob (in pocket).... I just grab the handle to open the door and hesitate for a moment...it'll unlock and pull. I found that if I was too fast with the "pull", I hit it still locked.

Hope you enjoy your new Mustang!

This is what works. But if he got in and the alarm went off, it didn't sense the fob. Which is a problem that would warrant a trip to the dealer.

Mine did do something stupid like that once but never again. Long as it don't, I'm fine.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
yes. it clicks and sounds like it unlocks, but when you pull the handle its still locked. also, I sat in it and closed the door and the alarm went off..:shrug:
make sure you're not also touching the top of the handle. that's where the locking touch-sensitive place is.

Sponsored

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
not a e90post guy here but a 1addicts.com guy :)

i like this car a lot more than my 135i, full bolt ons, thousands in appearance mods and all.

OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not a e90post guy here but a 1addicts.com guy :)

i like this car a lot more than my 135i, full bolt ons, thousands in appearance mods and all.
I am the same way...although I had a 328i. I did everything shy of the ESS supercharger. AA Tune, Exhaust, AA Headers, 3 stage intake manifold, drop in K&N and charcoal delete...and I was still not happy with the results.
everytime I start up the 5.0 I love it even more. it has more then enough power to satisfy, and from what I can tell it handles well. almost as well as the BMW. I just cant accelerate through turns like I used to due to the increase in power.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
hey guys!
coming over from the BMW side of things to enjoy some nice American muscle!!! hopefully you guys are as welcoming as the e90post crew.
Coming from a german car with tuned suspension and amazing handling, I was expecting this to handle like a boat. boy was I surprised. surprised enough that I drove off the lot with a 2015 5.0!!!

can anybody get me up to speed on the lingo here?
what is PP? our engine is the s550?

also, has anybody had any problems with SYNC or the comfort access thing? sometimes mine wont unlock and requires me to take the key from pocket and hit the unlock button...I know, tragic first world problem. also sometimes my phone will randomly disconnect from the Bluetooth. kind of annoying, but I don't need music, just the roar of this engine!
thanks a lot!

krahooligan - Welcome to Mustang6G!!! It's looking like you've already received some help on some of the lingo here! I love to play devils advocate when I can and I "may have had" an E82 in a previous life. Reading your other comments further down I know exactly how you mean on not really getting much out of the mods on the car. I mean BMW wanted over $1,000 for a carbon fiber intake that dynoed a few HP less! :lol:

The GT is violently responsive to a few subtle modifications but if you're putting it against an n54/n55 car watch out. They're pretty responsive as well :eyebulge:

Let me know if you have any questions at all, I've had a slew of different cars over the past 10 years and I've got a great grasp on the aftermarket community. Always around to help for an unbiased answer/question!

Enjoy your Coyote!

Alex

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
krahooligan - Welcome to Mustang6G!!! It's looking like you've already received some help on some of the lingo here! I love to play devils advocate when I can and I "may have had" an E82 in a previous life. Reading your other comments further down I know exactly how you mean on not really getting much out of the mods on the car. I mean BMW wanted over $1,000 for a carbon fiber intake that dynoed a few HP less! :lol:

The GT is violently responsive to a few subtle modifications but if you're putting it against an n54/n55 car watch out. They're pretty responsive as well :eyebulge:

Let me know if you have any questions at all, I've had a slew of different cars over the past 10 years and I've got a great grasp on the aftermarket community. Always around to help for an unbiased answer/question!

Enjoy your Coyote!

Alex
It was all about those piggy backs and downpipes lol. Stick with that and the N54 was making stupid power on a budget. :) Too bad we dealt with HPFPs like nobody's business.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
It was all about those piggy backs and downpipes lol. Stick with that and the N54 was making stupid power on a budget. :) Too bad we dealt with HPFPs like nobody's business.

I knew you'd chime in! You'd think that they would've been able to over-engineer it! I had a few friends and my sibling had one with beyond persistant failures. I'm happy I went with a NA 1 - The car tracked very well but it was obviously down on power!

Sponsored
OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I knew you'd chime in! You'd think that they would've been able to over-engineer it! I had a few friends and my sibling had one with beyond persistant failures. I'm happy I went with a NA 1 - The car tracked very well but it was obviously down on power!
that's why I chose not to get the N54. to many problems. people always talking about the turbos blowing, and the HPFP, and misfires like crazy!
I would much rather have a NA engine.

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
Have you tried switching keyfobs (could be low battery in one?) Where are you keeping it on your person? I keep mine in my front pocket and I can easily open the car and start it without any issue. Welcome to the club btw!

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
that's why I chose not to get the N54. to many problems. people always talking about the turbos blowing, and the HPFP, and misfires like crazy!
I would much rather have a NA engine.
Agreed! Despite it being down on power the car still held it's own and was geared really well.

Rest assured the Ford's are literally bullet-proof and I haven't seen any really crazy issues come about. We've had our shop cars for roughly 5 months now and between AmericanMuscle and Bama Performance we're literally beating them to death on a daily basis! Check out their 9-Second Monster and let me know if you're to have any questions at all! I'm always around to help!

[ame]

OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed! Despite it being down on power the car still held it's own and was geared really well.

Rest assured the Ford's are literally bullet-proof and I haven't seen any really crazy issues come about. We've had our shop cars for roughly 5 months now and between AmericanMuscle and Bama Performance we're literally beating them to death on a daily basis! Check out their 9-Second Monster and let me know if you're to have any questions at all! I'm always around to help!
Thanks! as the car gets more miles im sure youll be receiving a few PM's from me!
btw, have you heard anything about bolt ons (Exhaust, headers, intakes) voiding warranty on a car?

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! as the car gets more miles im sure youll be receiving a few PM's from me!
btw, have you heard anything about bolt ons (Exhaust, headers, intakes) voiding warranty on a car?
Sounds good! That's what I'm here for. Good question and just like any other manufacturer they're going to look either one or the other way on mods! Like BMW you can purchase a ///M Exhaust or overpriced carbon intake and they'll install it - Ford's a little bit of a different story because Ford Motors and Ford Racing are two separate companies. I've heard of dealerships in the pats that will sell Ford Racing Parts but if they're installed they'll void your warranty (Makes no sense right?)

My personal best recommendation would be to stop by your dealer and feel them out on how they view aftermarket parts and modifications. Some don't mind and some will play very close by the books. At the end of the day if you were to install a Cold Air Intake and you started throwing codes in relation to a Fuel Pressure Sensor (JUST AN EXAMPLE GUYS!) they would essentially need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the failure is in direct relation to the aftermarket part.

In short aftermarket parts can void your warranty but this is a risk that we all essentially take. Stop by your dealer, chum it up with their service manager, try to get an idea if they have customers with GT500's that show up with an intake, smaller pulley, or a full exhaust and it should give you a better idea if they're going to be relaxed or not.

Sorry for the wall of text but I hope this helps!

Alex
Sponsored