5.0 Active exhaust vs std 5.0 exhaust

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I'm happy with the standard exhaust. I actually found it a bit loud for me initially but I've gotten used to it and like it more now. I'm not into loud just for the sake of it.
Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Have had my AE '22 GT for a month now, had a '19 with no AE.

It's a toy, kind of gimmicky but fun to play with, and is nice if you want to quiet down on your way out, although I haven't tried quiet mode yet.

It is a PITA changing the AE the exhaust modes every time you get in the car, it will not save it to sport as it uses normal by default, and it's not as easy as a toggle switch. I'm not a fan of driving in sport mode, so I prefer the AE setting in normal drive mode.

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
Wife Mode (aka Quiet Mode) is perfect for cruising with her or leaving my neighborhood in the morning. Otherwise I drive in Sports+ I could live without AE, but I love having the choice.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
It is a PITA changing the AE the exhaust modes every time you get in the car, it will not save it to sport as it uses normal by default, and it's not as easy as a toggle switch. I'm not a fan of driving in sport mode, so I prefer the AE setting in normal drive mode.
I set my exhaust preference with MyMode. So it's just one toggle when I start the car to get into MyMode which is sport + suspension and steering, track exhaust

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
LOL, exactly. I was told the same thing by a sales guy in a GM dealership when looking at Dodge Caravan - "it's good that this trim doesn't have power sliding doors. If it's not there, it won't break". Needless to say that I left and headed to nearby Honda dealership.

The whole car is a collection of controls and moving parts. If one is afraid that they break, they should buy steel reinforced block of concrete.
I actually totally agree. I would rather run a good sounding exhaust without any electronically controlled valves. I also do not believe they are going to last years without problems.

But then I would have to buy aftermarket system for the same price as the factory option.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I actually totally agree. I would rather run a good sounding exhaust without any electronically controlled valves. I also do not believe they are going to last years without problems.

But then I would have to buy aftermarket system for the same price as the factory option.
Sure, at some point these AE motors will break and would need to be replaced, just like everything else in this car.

If you want a good sounding exhaust without electronic controls, there are countless options available. But, AE is awesome in a way, that it basically gives you multiple exhaust systems in one package at a click of a button. Whether you want it or not, it's really up to personal choice.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
OP: What does the normal/non-active exhaust sound like in comparison to AE modes?

M6G: Dozens of replies rehashing the same conversations we've had countless times with everyone's option of AE, ignoring the actual question OP posted.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Sure, at some point these AE motors will break and would need to be replaced, just like everything else in this car.

If you want a good sounding exhaust without electronic controls, there are countless options available. But, AE is awesome in a way, that it basically gives you multiple exhaust systems in one package at a click of a button. Whether you want it or not, it's really up to personal choice.
I have the AE but if it were to fail I would probably replace it with something aftermarket. Unless ford fixes it for free.

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Forgetting quiet mode for a moment, can anybody say definitively which one of the AE modes equals the sound of the bone stock non-AE GT car? Or, do none of the AE modes replicate a non-AE GT?
normal mode and non-ae sound completely different. They are different mufflers

edit: this video is what sold me on swapping to AE.

AE vs Non-Ae

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Regardless of how easy or cheap it may be to modify a non AE car to sound good, isn't there a good possibility that many jurisdictions will shortly disallow any kind of exhaust modifications at all from factory stock? In fact, I thought I read that this had already happened somewhere. If and when it does, the factory AE option will suddenly be golden.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Regardless of how easy or cheap it may be to modify a non AE car to sound good, isn't there a good possibility that many jurisdictions will shortly disallow any kind of exhaust modifications at all from factory stock? In fact, I thought I read that this had already happened somewhere. If and when it does, the factory AE option will suddenly be golden.
I am surprised there isn't already a law right now on that exact thing.

The AE sounds great, is covered under warranty, and conforms to exhaust laws for the year your car was built.

faser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
scott
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
You can get away with shoplifting, never spend a night in jail for car jacking, and get a slap on the wrist for drug posession with intent to distribute. WTF do you think the cops are going to do if they think you may have altered your factory exhaust? Ridiculous.

Park

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 20 Mustang EB and 21 Bronco Sport
Sport mode sounds good to me

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
You can get away with shoplifting, never spend a night in jail for car jacking, and get a slap on the wrist for drug posession with intent to distribute. WTF do you think the cops are going to do if they think you may have altered your factory exhaust? Ridiculous.
All they gotta do is make it part of the annual emissions inspection. No tickee, no rollee. Pretty simple and no cops involved.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
On what basis would all modifications be disallowed? Cat back exhausts have no impact on emissions. If on the basis of noise, the loudest modes of AE would likely violate such standards, too.
Sponsored