2.3 ---> 5.0

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
no because it was about to snow. I'ma wait till my engine breaks in after 1000 miles, then i might have some fun with it. In my opinion its not that much faster but the potential on a V8 is much greater then a 2.3L. and its naturally aspirated and i got a good deal. they gave me shit interest rate in order to lock that deal but ima refinance it today, idk if thats even possible
I think you have to wait a certain amount of time, 30 days, 90 days, something like that.

And don't worry too much about being super easy on it during break in.

Sure I wouldn't roll around at redline for extended periods of time or stay on the freeway for hours with cruise control on, but aside from that you can let it rip.

Being too easy on it can make for a very bad break in, worse than if you would have just got on it a bit, things won't seat correctly.

Once you've reached full operating oil temp, don't drive it like a museum piece.
Sponsored

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
I think you have to wait a certain amount of time, 30 days, 90 days, something like that.

And don't worry too much about being super easy on it during break in.

Sure I wouldn't roll around at redline for extended periods of time or stay on the freeway for hours with cruise control on, but aside from that you can let it rip.

Being too easy on it can make for a very bad break in, worse than if you would have just got on it a bit, things won't seat correctly.

Once you've reached full operating oil temp, don't drive it like a museum piece.
thanks bud, im trying to get out as fast as possible because the deal was good as long as i use their finance,

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
thanks bud, im trying to get out as fast as possible because the deal was good as long as i use their finance,
Who financed then? Wasn't ford? What is your rate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
i got it through BOA, 4.59 at 72 months ima refinance it to my credit union, with a 740+ i believe they'll do better

Sponsored

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
That was the deal they were gonna give me. 11k discount off msrp or 9k discount with ford or whatever finance i wanted. There's no penalty so I took the bigger discount changing it the same week.

St7nt

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
St7nt Beast
Vehicle(s)
'16 EcoBoost PP
I saved this dealer. I am in Dallas but their prices are so awesome and not even close to what I paid here. I'll catch a flight to Atlanta next time and will drive all the way back with a big smile

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
That was the deal they were gonna give me. 11k discount off msrp or 9k discount with ford or whatever finance i wanted. There's no penalty so I took the bigger discount changing it the same week.
probably a wash either way. BOA let you prepay? Its still a good deal.

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
nah i think its crap, i got a 1.9 with my last ford. i except nothing less, because i can

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah, I'm surprised they do that. I always pay cash but when I bought a Ram pickup they offered another $1000 off if I financed thru Chrysler's financing arm. No penalties so I did it and paid it off the next day. I think the total interest was $15 or close to that. Its gotta cost them a lot more than that for all the paperwork, etc. when people like you and me pay it off immediately.

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
its a numbers game, they gotta hit certain things, even the sales manager told me that, because i was so transparent with them

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
no point in paying cash or putting anything down if you can get a low interest rate

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I think dealers will sometimes sell cars below cost on depending on the phase of the moon and how the stars align. Maybe they sold it at a deep discount because it was a 2015 in the Triple Yellow paint, and they were highly motivated to move it.

Brad2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT PP
I am surprised to still see a 15 on the lot, I am sure that is reason for discount.
Sponsored